Meters

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
I been using codefree and I love it and it's about the cheapest you can get.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I like my contour next but the strips are very expensive.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I use the Accu Chek Mobile. Mainly because the lancet (Fastclix) system seemed to be the least painful to use from reviews - I have a needle phobia. It seems to be consistent and accurate. The test strip cartridges are dearer than the codefree, but I find I can get them fairly cheaply on ebay.

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
Had my codefree 2 years now with no problems, I would recommend it every time.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
I use the codefree now. Just bought 5 tubs of strips for £26 whereas I was paying £32 for 2 tubs for my previous Abbotts Freestyle light meter.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd go for the SD codefree too ...my first one had slightly dodgy battery life so I bought a second which has been fine and now I have a spare!

Reactions: Liam1955

Julian_Hands

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've had a few meters during 40 years of diabetes and recently got an Agamatrix Wireless Bluetooth JAZZ meter.
This must be the smallest meter on the market with a great iPhone App that records Glucose, Insulin, Carbs & Weight.
The Agamatrix printable reports are a little weak but the App data is superb and shows trends perfectly.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Accu Chek Mobile. Mainly because the lancet (Fastclix) system seemed to be the least painful to use from reviews - I have a needle phobia. It seems to be consistent and accurate. The test strip cartridges are dearer than the codefree, but I find I can get them fairly cheaply on ebay.

It's quite possible to use the Fastclix with any meter you choose as all it's doing is the prick to provide the blood for a test strip. I use mine with a Contour Next meter although I actually got it with my original Accuchek Nano. But you can also buy them separately if needs be.

Robbity

PS I actually chose my original meter because of the Fastclix as I used to have a "thing" (rather than a real phobia!) about needles...

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Robbity. You can buy the Fasrclix on it's own, but from memory it cost almost as much to buy, as to buy included with a meter, so you might as well get the meter too. I might use the Contour USB meter I got too, but will continue to use the Fastclix to get blood.

angelfacelou

Am late adding to this thread so unsure if will get seen but I recomment the freestyle insulinx as can programme in insulin needed per carb portion and therefore enter carbs for what you are eating when you do blood sugar and it says what insulin to take

Reactions: Prem51

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have used the codefree meter for just over 2 years with no problems