Moved to Cumbria

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
I have recently moved from the East Midlands, where my closed loop insulin pump care was excellent.
Three weeks ago we moved up the Geange Over Sands in Cumbria.
I have registered with the local gp and have attempted to find my nearest hospital/pump team.
Any of you lovely people who live close to me - could you please advise me as to location and services offered. I fully understand that pump availability is not always a level playing field.
Many thanks
Holders

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @hodders, welcome to Cumbria! I’m at the opposite end to you right up north on the border with Scotland. Grange Over Sands is a beautiful place and used to go quite a lot.

I can’t help with anything T1 but I think where you are is under Morcambe Bay NHS Trust and your nearest hospital will be the Westmorland General (apologies if you already know that)

Reactions: hodders

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

It’s a little out of her area in the West Midlands. I’ll tag in @Juicyj who may have some thoughts…

If not? It will bump the topic for you.

Kind regards.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @hodders
Welcome to Cumbria. I moved from London to Penrith almost 2 years ago. Sorry wrong bit of Cumbria and I'm not type 1.

Lakeslover

I’m in west cumbria, but in the south you do come under morecambe bay trust with hospitals in kendal (small), Barrow and lancaster. Your GP should be able to tell you which has the diabetic clinic. If you have a choice lancaster is a nightmare to get to and park. Parking in barrow js usually ok.

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Holders again

Many, many thanks for all of your replies. As suggested probably best to speak to my gp.

The best decision ever to move up here, with such friendly and helpful people

Thank you all again for your friendly support and advice.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pipp