Music Fan?

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
The only type of jazz I can listen to. Django was an amazing player . Can't stand the jazz where they all play a different tune at the same time. Mr Chris tells me it's improvisation. When he was a mature student on a jazz diploma I had to go along once a week and listen to him play with his fellow students. I used to get told off as he could see me looking at my watch while everyone did a solo bit. :banghead:
I feel your pain @chris lowe , my late husband was a guitarist and switched allegiances from bluegrass to swing. Much as I admire Django, listening to someone learning this type of music is not fun. He literally had to change everything about his style of play. I called it plinky plink music.

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!

Mary Gauthier is someone I am liking a lot recently. Ricky Ross (of Deacon Blue fame) plays her a lot on his Radio Scotland programme, 'Another Country'

C

chris lowe

Mary Gauthier is someone I am liking a lot recently. Ricky Ross (of Deacon Blue fame) plays her a lot on his Radio Scotland programme, 'Another Country'
I think she's really talented, but not well known over here. I first heard on Bob Dylans Theme Time Radio Hour :)

C

chris lowe

I feel your pain @chris lowe , my late husband was a guitarist and switched allegiances from bluegrass to swing. Much as I admire Django, listening to someone learning this type of music is not fun. He literally had to change everything about his style of play. I called it plinky plink music.
That's it exactly. :hilarious:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday Richard Thompson
Gosh; where do you start with RT?

(Fast forward to about 3 minutes or so, to avoid the preliminary banter, if you must)

Or this?

Our greatest living songwriter, and not a bad guitarist either :cool:.

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Gosh; where do you start with RT?

(Fast forward to about 3 minutes or so, to avoid the preliminary banter, if you must)

Or this?

Our greatest living songwriter, and not a bad guitarist either :cool:.
Hugely underated in his home country (ie here) but yes a brilliant songwriter and brilliant guitarist. Beeswing, I Want to see the Bright Lights, Uninhabited Man. I don't think he's ever written a duff song.

C

chris lowe

A bit of fun for this one. Premiered at Croprey (Fairport Conventions annual festival) in 2007. Song proper starts at about 1.18 The servant swimming across the stream always make me laugh

C

chris lowe

There are several really good versions of this one, including the Pogues, but I think June Tabor is my favourite

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Another guy who does some mean finger-picking. "Bass and treble at the same time! Fantastic! How does he do it"? :D

Reactions: 2 people