Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Surely that would be "Oh Happy Day" by the Edwin Hawkins Singers? :D
Seeing as it's a song about the plane crash that killed Ronnie, Steve, Cassie and others i don't find your remark funny!

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, sorry - I didn't intend it in that way and it would have been tasteless in the extreme had I done so.

I'm not a great fan of Lyrnrd Skynrd type boogie bands, to be honest, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Reactions: 2 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
As a young student (I am now a mature student!) we used to visit a specific bar every lunchtime to listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd on the juke box. We thought we were so cool.

Reactions: 2 people

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Ah, sorry - I didn't intend it in that way and it would have been tasteless in the extreme had I done so.

I'm not a great fan of Lyrnrd Skynrd type boogie bands, to be honest, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
no probs fella, went a little serious there thanks to low levels, i bit the postmans head right off for being late lol

Reactions: 6 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Alison Krauss, which is odd because I'm not wild about Bluegrass/C&W/call it what you will.

I bought Paper Airplane on a whim (and the recommendation of a friend) a couple of years ago and I've played it to death since. What a great voice.

(Edit: Ok; yes, I did post a David Bromberg track a while back, so I don't particularly like C&W/Bluegrass music - except for Alison Krauss. And David Bromberg. And there are probably others..... :))

C

chris lowe

I love Alison Krauss, which is odd because I'm not wild about Bluegrass/C&W/call it what you will.

I bought Paper Airplane on a whim (and the recommendation of a friend) a couple of years ago and I've played it to death since. What a great voice.

(Edit: Ok; yes, I did post a David Bromberg track a while back, so I don't particularly like C&W/Bluegrass music - except for Alison Krauss. And David Bromberg. And there are probably others..... :))
I also like the album she did with Robert Plant, Rising Sand. Their voices go together so well

Reactions: 4 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also like the album she did with Robert Plant, Rising Sand. Their voices go together so well

I think the great thing about Robert Plant is that he has allowed his style to adapt to the limitations (if that's the right word) that age has bought to his voice. He's no longer trying to be the preening God of Stadium Rock, but he's still a guy making interesting and unusual music. I really enjoyed his Glastonbury set last summer; one of just a few occasions when I'd actually have liked to be there, rather than watching on the telly.

Slight change of style: I'm not sure if anyone's posted this yet and I don't have the energy to scroll through 40 pages to find out. If they haven't, it's high time someone did and if they have, then it bears repeating :)

Amazing vocal performance from Liz Fraser of the Cocteau Twins.

... and of course there's this one, too: