my blood level drops very low after exersise

tigerbud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
why does my blood level go from say 10.9 after i take my tablets and after ive had my breakfast i go shopping our for along walk and then i get the shakes and feeling not quit right so i check my levels and its dropped to 4.00 and some time below please advise yours debbie

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I have the same problem (Your type 1). I'm not sure why it happends but I think its because that when you exersize it desovels sugarin your blood. I solve this by having a few sips of lucozade or orange juice beforem exersizeing . This might push you upm at first but then your exersize should bring you slowly back down ( you may need to inject/bolous if you think your too high). :p :clap: :)

SirAndy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
ignorance
I get this too. After breakfast if I get readings in the 10's or higher I know I'm in trouble for the day as I'll be yoyoing up and down and have to constantly eat and check.If 9 or below it kind of regulates itself and I can go a good while without eating.I get the excessive sweating and burnt out feeling also.
So all this exercise they keep mentioning seems to have the opposite results.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a friend in track last year who actually encountered a similar problem. Similarly, his blood pressure would increase than suddenly begin to drop after he had elevated his heart rate to a certain point. What he had found (from consulting his personal doctor) was that the diameter of the veins (arteries, capillaries or whatever - specifically in his legs) increased and as a result the pressure within his blood stream decreased. This makes sense based on physics - continuity equation - Area(1) * Velocity(1) = Area(2) * Velocity(2)
By making sense of this, you might understand that if your Hear Rate remains the same, the only way that your Blood Pressure can change is if the volume somewhere within your bloodstream changes - as did with my friend. He was a distance runner and after races he would practically faint because the diameter of the veins in his legs increased so much that his blood pressure dropped significantly. Not to scare you. And I'm not a medical professional so...