1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My weight is stuck! Fed up.

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by keitjones, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:26 PM.

1. keitjones

keitjones Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all

I was diagnosed 1st Jan 17. I cut out bread, pasta, rice. Sweet things processed foods. I lost 16lb. Since March my weight has fluctuated around 12st. I can not get the weight to fall any further.

My bmi is 24.5.

I run 5k twice a week, do weights at the gym and walk 10k steps 5 out of 7 days. I am active. If I believe my phone I am in the top 30% of active people in the UK. Yet my weight refuses to go down. As I say that is now 12 weeks.

A friend of mine who is on the Olympic rowing team said that with all this activity i am adding muscle. And not to worry too much.

My bg appears to be under control average 6 or hba1c 35.

So what say you all?

Do I need to worry and accept it. Or change something around to lose another 10 lbs?

Thank you

2. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Well-Known Member

Hi there and welcome!! What did you replace those starchy carbs with?

Some of us need to keep protein moderate or even saturated fat. Are your carbs low enough? Do you know how many you're eating?

Carbs pack loads of pounds on for some of us. Dairy as well. Too many nuts too

Are you on any meds?

3. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 · Well-Known Member

FullSizeRender.jpg I know BMI is not always so useful for athletes as they tend to have more muscle mass (hubby's a personal trainer!). But saying that your BMI of 24.5 is in the healthy zone anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. keitjones

Hi Kristin251, I am on 1 500mg metformin per day. I replaced them with fats, butter, cream, olive oil, coconut oil, salads, seeds, nuts and avacardo.lots of fish and chicken and vegetables not potatoes . Some fruit

6. keitjones

Thanks Rachox, my problem being any older man is my fat is all round my middle quite lean elsewhere. Of course fat round the middle is a cause of t2. My waist is 36in. So not too bad. Just want to shift a few more pounds get that T2 totally reversed

7. keitjones

Thank you Goonergal I will give that a go.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh right. The person who invents a diet which can target specific areas will be a millionaire very quickly!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook