Naturefile

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
As from 26/02/2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello everyone this is a thread for chatting about our rambles in the countryside, seaside, parks, cities and towns and for recording sightings of the flora and fauna we are surrounded by whether we are posting from here in Great Britain, or elsewhere in the world. Photographs of wildlife and beautiful scenery especially appreciated. Today in our garden we had visits from squirrels who raid the food put out for the birds. A robin family were fighting off all comers, and the bluetits and goldcrests added colour to the starlings and blackbirds who outnumber them. What kind of garden birds visit you?

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
2015-10-30 10.41.33.jpg View attachment 17931
A spider sheltering from the winter weather at the countryside bus stop where I wait for the bus to go home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi 13lizanne next time I get to go to park or countryside with grandchildren will try and get some pics for this forum, I always have my camera with me.:)

Reactions: 9 people
S

Shar67

I have been walking the dogs in a little park which in the last week has had crocus and daffodils opening with lovely purple and yellow colours.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lovely @Shar67 I love seeing the first signs of spring, we've got blossom budding on our cherry tree in the garden, the crocuses are out and snowdrops too. I'll post some photos later today of our garden birdies which my husband treats like family feeding them suet pellets by hand!! That's a big spider @Robinredbreast!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have been walking the dogs in a little park which in the last week has had crocus and daffodils opening with lovely purple and yellow colours.

Spring flowers are beautiful :) and a welcome sight after a wet winter.

Reactions: 6 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
We have quite a lot of green spaces in Coventry, the council have been redeveloping the city centre and there are some micro parks at various points around town. The biggest park by far is the War Memorial park which is about a half hour walk away from my house, it's lovely going there in the spring and summer. The most common wildlife round here are squirrels, they're everywhere!

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We're surrounded by trees, so as well as the usual garden visitors, we get sparrowhawks, owls (heard, rather than seen) and have been visited by jays in the past, though I didn't see any last summer. We also get pigeons who are so bloated that they can hardly get off the ground, and magpies - not my favourite birds - who can often be heard arguing furiously with the squirrels, presumably because they are trying to pinch their food. There's also a woodpecker within earshot, though I haven't seen him yet, this year.

We also have stag beetles, slow worms and bats - I love to watch them performing aerobatics in the twilight during the summer (the bats, that is, not the slow worms and stag beetles :)).

We also get deer - but I have gone on about them ad nauseam already. Finally, for those who are gripped by the Frogspawn Saga here's a photo taken about this time last year, when the first spawn had just appeared: this year the first lot appeared at the end of January, which shows you what a mild winter it's been, mostly.

10986494_2055829954557724_7910000651648724294_n.jpg

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have quite a big garden. We dont tend to see many unusual birds because I think the pigeon coop next door and the cats in the area are a deterrent. I see magpies, bluetits, robins, sparrows, starlings, pigeons, next doors whatever they are pigeons/doves

We are also blessed to have a bat colony living next door. I love to stand out in the summer and watch them overhead. Strange really as I dont like birds but donr mind bats above my head :oops:

Have some bulbs coming through and my ribes is thinking about flowering.

We live close to a nature reserve and the daffodils are out. Another couple of weeks and we will have the bluebells and wood anenomes

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
On our way to the coast today we saw a flock of seagulls following a farmer ploughing his field, then a family of deer, 2 adults 2 fawns, in a wooded field between Rosyth and Kirkcaldy also loads of pheasants. Unfortunately can't load any pics because our p.c. is away for repair. (I'm on my tablet) pics will follow though at some point. @jay hay-char your frog spawn pic is great and so is (naughty) @rodman 's tit photo

Reactions: 10 people
P

paula.nolan42

I'm very lucky to live so close to Eastbourne. When I moved here a few years ago, I knew noone. One day I was out walking along the sea-front and I discovered a Martello Tower (we have them in Dublin, never knew they were here too) so I got involved and I volunteer with the Wish Tower Friends. On my walk today I walked along the sea-front, eastward, looking towards Hastings in the distance, I passed 3 Martello Towers, this is just one, unloved but beautiful in its own way.
b88e8c894e359237d79cb1cb3cf3f885.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

rodman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Loads :)
Greenfinch 2.JPG
Thank you for your nice comments on my Bluetit photo, hope you like my Greenfinch, also taken last year, haven't taken any new ones for this year yet

Reactions: 10 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, I am enjoying listening to you all not took any pics yet but will do.:)

Reactions: 4 people