Need to vent....

lucybell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
rude people
Hello everyone. Have not posted in a long time but really need to vent to anyone who understands.....
Was at the diabetic clinic yesterday and was really told off by the diabetic nurse . I came out so upset i felt like ripping my pump off and leaving it behind. My readings are all over the place. I have had four surgeries in the past year on a bad knee injury. Have been doing a lot of physio but am in pain a lot of the time. My last visit to the specalist for my knee had him giving me another steroid injection, which in turn puts my sugars rocketing. My weight is going up and up. Am the biggest i have ever been. Feeling like in on a spinning wheel and cant get off. I am b busy mother, with two children, a great husband ,a very busy and stressful job, diabetes which is not really under control , and a painful knee......now I am just feeling sorry for myself!! I just have so much going on I do not know were to start.... I also had a TIA three years ago and am terrified when my sugars run so high . My husband is very supportive but is not diabetic and cant really understand how down I feel sometimes. Anyway, thanks for reading and allowing me to vent. Diabetes burnout here I come.....

lucybell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
rude people
Hey wooster. So sorry to hear your op cancelled. I have had the same problem. The doctors are so worried about the healing rate for diabetics . Its so frustrating especially when you are watching your diet. Just remember stress and pain will also affect your readings. Hope everything works iut for you. keep us posted.

Wooster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey wooster. So sorry to hear your op cancelled. I have had the same problem. The doctors are so worried about the healing rate for diabetics . Its so frustrating especially when you are watching your diet. Just remember stress and pain will also affect your readings. Hope everything works iut for you. keep us posted.
T

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Wooster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you have you got type 2 also I,m really confused over what type of foods are good eat whole grain everything but sugar still high

Wooster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doctor telling me to eat low fat diet not to worry about carbs or sugar bs level still high nurse is now putting me on victoza anybody on this treatment any clues on how i will feel on this ?

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Vent away Lucy. I think we all understand here. Wooster, I was on Victoza and it worked wonders. Only side effect I had was constipation tmi sorry! Stupid me stopped taking it and regretted it ever since!

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Hello everyone. Have not posted in a long time but really need to vent to anyone who understands.....
Was at the diabetic clinic yesterday and was really told off by the diabetic nurse . I came out so upset i felt like ripping my pump off and leaving it behind. My readings are all over the place. I have had four surgeries in the past year on a bad knee injury. Have been doing a lot of physio but am in pain a lot of the time. My last visit to the specalist for my knee had him giving me another steroid injection, which in turn puts my sugars rocketing. My weight is going up and up. Am the biggest i have ever been. Feeling like in on a spinning wheel and cant get off. I am b busy mother, with two children, a great husband ,a very busy and stressful job, diabetes which is not really under control , and a painful knee......now I am just feeling sorry for myself!! I just have so much going on I do not know were to start.... I also had a TIA three years ago and am terrified when my sugars run so high . My husband is very supportive but is not diabetic and cant really understand how down I feel sometimes. Anyway, thanks for reading and allowing me to vent. Diabetes burnout here I come.....
She has no right to talk to you in that manner, Nurse or no nurse! Tell her so. She doesn't know what it is like in your shoes and with all the stresses you face. How do you manage all that juggling. Sounds like you are a wonder woman to me! Don't let her get to you.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Doctor telling me to eat low fat diet not to worry about carbs or sugar bs level still high nurse is now putting me on victoza anybody on this treatment any clues on how i will feel on this ?
I am on Victoza and for me it dropped my bg level over night literally, the only thing I found was that it reacted with the metfartin. And I can't take metfartin now but that's not a bad thing

Sent from my iPad