Wayne0000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed about 1 year 10 months ago type 1. My control has been poor enough ranging anywhere from hypo to the high teens. I was really embarrassed and in denial about it. I also smoked which I've just given up.

About a week ago I started experiencing warm hands at night and my feet get tired more easily after walking for a few hours. There doesnt seem to be any numbness or tingling.

I have been kind of stressed coming up to this week maybe that's of relevance?

Do I have neuropathy? Very scared that I do but haven't found any evidence online of anyone else getting it this quick after t1d diagnosis

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have neuropathy you will know as you will find that a lot of feeling disappears & yes it does come back but not necessarily completely. I had it in my fingers & feet & although I now have the feeling back in my fingers I still suffer with my feet & cannot pass the prick tests carried out By my DN o Podiatrist. They even at times feel cold in summer.
If you are really concerned make an appointment with your DN & ask her to check your feet with the prick test

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The warmth in your hands could be seen as a positive effect on circulation after quitting smoking. Probably best to get checked out by your health team.

Wayne0000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I only quit smoking because I was scared of the warmth in my hands, they are consistently hot at night,