New HbAc results 3 months after diagnosis

Horsham109

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone,

I was diagnosed T2 in December 2016 and was told by the nurse to lower my weight and blood sugar, then to go back and see her in 3 months.
At the time of diagnosis my hbac was at 77.
I managed to find this forum and have been following lots of the tips on here, so thanks everyone for your help!

I just had my next Hbac results and it was 39 - I'm well happy with that!
I've also lost 2 stone in weight & dropped 2 dress sizes.

If I can maintain this level for 2 years I will be officially taken off the diabetes list with my surgery.

Just wanted to share & say thanks for all of the support!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is fantastic and inspiring! :)

Has your doctor taken you off medication?

Reactions: dbr10

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Very well done @Horsham109. You have put a significant gap between yourself and the diabetes reaper.

Reactions: dbr10

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was not put on medication, in my initial visit to the nurse she decided to wait and see what I could do in the 3 months with diet and exercise only.

Oh sorry, my mistake. Perhaps you should change your profile as it says oral tablets, metformin etc. ? It also says you are a family member rather than which type of diabetes you have.

Horsham109

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh sorry, my mistake. Perhaps you should change your profile as it says oral tablets, metformin etc. ? It also says you are a family member rather than which type of diabetes you have.

Thanks, I have done that - apologies, that was old information as when I first joined the forum it was to find some help for my husband who had been recently diagnosed.