K

koukla

it gets tricky, your average fasting number doesn't convert to A1c, your average over 24hr for 3 mths is your A1c
IMO, your fasting 7 is fine for now and I think you can do fasting under 6 with diet alone, in not too long of a time or I would be suggesting you to get metformin to help

Awwww, I don't like it. It really is too difficult. My fastings vary between 5.6 and 9.9. That is even when I've eaten the very same the day before and also when I've done the same amount of exercise so I don't get it at all.

K

koukla

if it eases your mind some, it took me a while to get my numbers out of the twenties and a long while to get away from the teens, so dont panic about the numbers

I'm honestly sick of thinking about it but it's got under my skin like nothing else ever has. I HATE it !!!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
its all about trends and patterns, the better the control the more consistancy, for now, id concentrate on eating well and recording everything you eat against your meter tests

Awwww, I don't like it. It really is too difficult. My fastings vary between 5.6 and 9.9. That is even when I've eaten the very same the day before and also when I've done the same amount of exercise so I don't get it at all.

K

koukla

its all about trends and patterns, the better the control the more consistancy, for now, id concentrate on eating well and recording everything you eat against your meter tests

Yes. I shall have to place an order with Amazon in the morning. I can keep a closer eye on it then and my Dr won't even know.

K

koukla

6.6 after 3 eggs and a blob of butter 2 hours ago. Before I ate, it was 6.2. Is that good, bad or indifferent?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
if you told your doctor you had researched it and decided to test alot for a while to get a good grip on what effect foods are having on your bg`s one of two things could happen

1. he tells you its a bad idea and gets narked in which case sod him, hes a toad
or
2. he thinks its a good idea and may even prescribe the strips, dont ask dont get :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
6.6 after 3 eggs and a blob of butter 2 hours ago. Before I ate, it was 6.2. Is that good, bad or indifferent?

thats good, we hope for a rise no more than 1.0, you may find lower numbers after a low carb meal too, very confusing huh

Reactions: 2 people
K

koukla

if you told your doctor you had researched it and decided to test alot for a while to get a good grip on what effect foods are having on your bg`s one of two things could happen

1. he tells you its a bad idea and gets narked in which case sod him, hes a toad
or
2. he thinks its a good idea and may even prescribe the strips, dont ask dont get :)

I've smiled today but that's the first time I've laughed ! Thank you.

Reactions: 3 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
yes thats good. Read all you can about diet and meals here. I personally eat low carb and very little bread pasta rice and potatoes.

K

koukla

thats good, we hope for a rise no more than 1.0, you may find lower numbers after a low carb meal too, very confusing huh

Well I'm pleased it's good but yes, it's very confusing indeed. Having said all that, I can't thank all of you who've helped me today enough. It's been a real eye opener and I'm grateful indeed. Thank you. It's an emotionally exhausted Helen off to bed now, to be ready for a Neurology appointment tomorrow. A HUGE thank you to everybody !! I bet I'm back for more advice though before I manage to crack this and for that, I apologise in advance,

K

koukla

yes thats good. Read all you can about diet and meals here. I personally eat low carb and very little bread pasta rice and potatoes.

I will and thank you so much. I think probably, you all don't know how much you've helped me today, though as I say, I bet I'll be back for more pearls of wisdom. Thank you again.

Reactions: 3 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are you feeling today I hope you have planned a couple of healthy and tasty meals and are a bit more positive than yesterday
CAROL

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and how did the neurology appointment go? I've just heard that my recent eye test shows a slight pressure problem that will have to be treated. Probably not even related to diabetes, I'm told, but it just seems that this year is bringing one thing after the other. I expect you know the feeling! Never mind, chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with courgette ribbons and some sugar snaps for dinner. What about you?

K

koukla

and how did the neurology appointment go? I've just heard that my recent eye test shows a slight pressure problem that will have to be treated. Probably not even related to diabetes, I'm told, but it just seems that this year is bringing one thing after the other. I expect you know the feeling! Never mind, chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with courgette ribbons and some sugar snaps for dinner. What about you?

Oh no. I've got Glaucoma in my right eye and that was picked up by pressure behind the eye but I just have drops for it and it's fine. I was scared it was diabetes related but it wasn't. I hope the same for you too.

Hospital appointment fine thank you. I know there's nothing can be done and I'll have the nodding dog head for ever but it nods inside. Nobody sees it so I can cope with that.

I've done well today.....at least I think so. Poached egg this morning and this evening, chicken casserole in tomatoes with lentils. It was lush!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Oh no. I've got Glaucoma in my right eye and that was picked up by pressure behind the eye but I just have drops for it and it's fine. I was scared it was diabetes related but it wasn't. I hope the same for you too.

Hospital appointment fine thank you. I know there's nothing can be done and I'll have the nodding dog head for ever but it nods inside. Nobody sees it so I can cope with that.

I've done well today.....at least I think so. Poached egg this morning and this evening, chicken casserole in tomatoes with lentils. It was lush!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
That's the idea Koukla. No need to starve, Just avoid too much of the bad stuff.