On such a buzz...

Philby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I just wanted to share this with you. Just over one year since diagnosis I just completed my first ever 5km timed road race. I am on a such a high right now, what was even better I did it in a time of 26:30, way better that I expected:woot:. That is my first goal for 2014 now complete... come on the 10km.

Reactions: 7 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Thats fantastic
well done:p

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I just wanted to share this with you. Just over one year since diagnosis I just completed my first ever 5km timed road race. I am on a such a high right now, what was even better I did it in a time of 26:30, way better that I expected:woot:. That is my first goal for 2014 now complete... come on the 10km.

Fantastic!!!! i know how your feeling :) :) :) its a wonderful feeling. enjoy it :)

nuttybeaver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Selfish people
Fantastic. Keep up the good work & good luck with the 10k.

:D:D:D:D:D

T2, Metformin 850 Mg (1 tablet twice daily), venlafaxine 75mg (1 tablet daily), buscopan 10mg (2 tablets 4 times daily)

Philby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all just wanted to share this.....I just ticked another goal off the list for this year. just completed my first official 5 mile race (8km) in a time of 43:17... yea!! . A lot better than expected. Along with that I have figured out/confirmed my exercise/carb intake requirements, which is a nice bonus.

Philby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I did it! just completed my first 10k race in a respectable 54:47. That all my goals for 2014 completed, a month a head of schedule:happy:. Whats worrying me now is I am actually thinking of training and completing a half marathon.... I must be crazy to even consider it;).

Reactions: 2 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations, brilliant effort.

Go for the half marathon !!!