Type 2 One year in.

eminydax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just got my latest hba1c exactly 1 year after diagnosis of type 2. Originally it was 69, today down to 53, not sure wether to be pleased or not as it seems so slow getting results, what do you think.
Mandi

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just got my latest hba1c exactly 1 year after diagnosis of type 2. Originally it was 69, today down to 53, not sure wether to be pleased or not as it seems so slow getting results, what do you think.
Mandi

I think you can get even lower, if you are not on insuline but at least you are going in the right direction....
some scientist think normal fasting blood glucose ought to be set lower like less than 4.6 mmols and the average numbers should be under 5.5mmols but that are the more rabiate scientists, thinking that that is too aim for not to get any or more of the adding horrible conditions and diseases a lot of diabetics do get.

you decide how low your goal is...and how strict you are able to manage your diabetes, I just will wish you all the best of luck and ask if you do Count both carbs and proteins in grams every day ?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @eminydax Well done on your HbA1c reduction.You have done well to lower your figures by 16 points in 12 months. My figures have only reduced by 10 points in 12 months.
Some reduce faster than others. Our bodies are all different, and also it will depend on our individual food intakes.
You are doing well, just keep it up and your figures should continue to fall.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@eminydax - Hello - Any reduction in HBA1C is good work. So Well Done to you. :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You should be pleased. It is a good drop, so congratulate yourself.
With a little bit more diet tweaking you could drop another 10 by your next test, or even lower.
There are some that believe it is better for our general health and long term sustainability to be slow but sure. I'm one of them. Remember, the tortoise beat the hare. :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
You have done so well
Keep up the good work

eminydax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for all the encouragement and warm words, I am trying to lose weight at the same time but as I am disabled and mobility restricted it is difficult and you have all given me a lot of hope. Onward and upward!! :)