Pancakes

idchafee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've loved my weekend morning pancakes since I was like 3 and my dad would make them with chocolate chips in Mickey Mouse head shapes. Since my diagnosis, I've been trying to find a pancake mix or recipe that doesn't make my blood sugar graph look like the peak of Mt. Everest. Only thing I've found so far that's even close is this and its only so-so. I still have to jump on the rowing machine as soon as I'm done eating or I'll be headed for Spikeville. Has anyone found anything to make a non-spikey pancake?

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was making pancakes with coconut flour. Can be rather eggy although the egg taste is fixed by using a recipe that includes cream cheese. You can buy ready mixed packets for keto pancakes but that is expensive.

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: AloeSvea and jjraak

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I make them (well hubby does for me), lupin pancakes, they have to have something with them as I don't like the taste otherwise, but ok with a sugar free jam or a dash of homemade gravy to go with a roast - minus the spuds ;)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try the recipes here. There's a few so you might find one you like

Reactions: Paul41

Mini Dachs Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make them (well hubby does for me), lupin pancakes, they have to have something with them as I don't like the taste otherwise, but ok with a sugar free jam or a dash of homemade gravy to go with a roast - minus the spuds ;)
Lupin flour tends to be bitter on its own so maybe try mixing in some other flour almond or coconut.

Reactions: Speedbird

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I make these a lot, I personally don't like sweetener, but I find these are sweet enough without any, probably due to almond flour (I use ground almonds from Lidl as cheapest price I have found). Typically I don't add vanilla as usually don't have any in cupboard.
I sometimes add berries, my kids add chocolate spread to theirs. I calculated the carbs to be approx 2g per pancake (these are based on the ingredients I use)
IMG_20230320_161847_832.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: Antje77

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Lupin flour tends to be bitter on its own so maybe try mixing in some other flour almond or coconut.
Yes I have tried but the almond flour and coconut spikes my sugar so its a no unfortunately :arghh: