1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

PIP

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by ally1, Jun 3, 2017.

1. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

If the tories are doing a u turn for claimants then I think they're a few years too late.
    Hitler caused similiar destruction and tried to blame it on misunderstood soldiers. Gov is intelligent enough to know guidelines are always needed. THEIR guidelines are causing the problem!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pammy_50

Pammy_50 Type 1 · Active Member

Well done ally1 so pleased to hear your news.
    I am still waiting for decision from my ESA assessment 24th May hopefully I will be like you successful.
    Once again well done x

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

It sounds promising. I was turned down by phone and told to apply for jsa. That's when I started with panic attacks. I knew I wasn't capable of work after working for just under 30yrs and through 2 diabetic pregnancies. I know what I'm capable of and even working part-time would be near on impossible.
    I had undiagnosed asthma, bulging disc/s and scatica flaring up and down, on top of side affects from my meds (tiredness and dizziness), uncontrolled underactive thyroid, uncontrolled pcos causing additional hormone disruption and uncontrolled diabetes. Oh and added weight from insulin therapy slowing me down and causing chest pains.
    I even had a panic attack on leaving the interview.
    I received 0 points.
    They are shameless.

I hope you were more successful. :)

PIP was different. I explained how I was affected daily. I was given maximum daily living but only 4 points for my mobility. Mobility has got worse since then and pphysio was slow due to chest pain investigations. I'm still in agony walking, even a little.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #23 ickihun, Jun 7, 2017 at 11:20 PM
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook