Prof Tim Noakes explains Fat Adaptation, Ketones and effect on Heart Attacks

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
In answer to a question sent in, Prof Tim Noakes explains Fat Adaptation, Ketones and effect on Heart Attacks in this short video:

So perhaps I was making good use of ketones over 1 month before I even realised I had become Fat Adapted.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
One thing that puzzles me is how can Ketones improve Heart attack outcomes. I can understand how having a fuel capable of superior performance could help in the case of heart failure but can't see how it would help with a heart attack, unless it means that the heart is still functioning at high power even after some of it has died off in the heart attack.
Still, from what Noakes says that other guy was trying to show that a combo of insulin and glucose would improve heart attack outcomes, and that combo is merely providing extra fuel!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In answer to a question sent in, Prof Tim Noakes explains Fat Adaptation, Ketones and effect on Heart Attacks in this short video:

So perhaps I was making good use of ketones over 1 month before I even realised I had become Fat Adapted.
Do you know what date this was aired? Please?