Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Re: Promote the Forum!!!

Great idea! will see if I can put one up in health centre etc.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

Great idea. :D

Have already printed off 20 copies for distribution wherever I can persuade them to put one up in public areas. Health Centre, Library, Shops, Pubs etc. I'm very persuasive.

Ken

Spiral

I have learned loads here and feel much better about managing my diabetes and avoiding the long term complications. I'm happy to promote the forum and will take some posters to any place I know that diabetics hang out.

MrsPugwash

I'll put one up in the practice where I work and ask my DN to put one up in my GP surgery.

Dalekkiller

Dislikes
Slow drivers, blood tests, having to go to hospital

I joined this forum today after following a link on Twitter posted by the site so it may be useful to post links to the forum on Facebook pages and other such sites. I'm just about to put a link on my own Facebook page in case anyone's interested. :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.

Definitely one for the library notice board.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty

great idea,
will get them put around the village :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.

I handed one in to our librarian this morning( whilst collecting a copy of Yudkin's "Pure, white and Deadly) 8)

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars

Like it!! I have printed some off. Now I will see how many Australians I can get this out to as we set off in our caravan shortly. We will be mixing with grey nomads as we travel up the centre and over to the west over the next 4 months and that is where we will likely encounter many T2 diabetics!
While many issues relate to the UK system of health care the research and info is worldwide.

lucretia_ten

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Absolutely great idea - have printed off half a dozen to put up in the outpatients department and all the waiting rooms :D

sandymaynard

Hi
I have already put some leaflets in our local doctors, My diabetes nurse is going to give every body she knows with diabeties any type of it a leaflet! She is a great nurse, I am so lucky to have her!
I ahve managed to get some in my dentist they leave them on the counter for anyone who wants one! Popped a couple into our local community centre as well!
This forum and the great people here have saved my life! I would like to say that you are all great people and very helpful!
I would like tothank everybody who has been there one way or another!
Sandy

Garfield

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I too have printed out the notice and will drop them off where I think they will do most good.

jackie1969uk

Have linked to the forum for you on my own website, my son and niece have their own diabetes page there and get a lot of visitors with diabetes.

Have also printed some off too to hand out.

stewcose

Just emailed poster to a pal who has been type 2 for ten years. He does not monitor his bs and thinks a carb is a part of a classic car. His advice was to read the label and if sugar is first or second in the list of ingredient only eat as a treat. He's gobsmacked of what I have learnt in a week. As am I. Keep up the good work.

Stewart

sabnat

Thankyou for the info you sent me via e mail. I am very new to this but it jumped out at me abouth the Rotheram meeting.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

We have had the poster which promotes this Forum updated to reflect the present 23,000+ membership.

Can members who are able to download and print this off, circulate it as before to all places they can persuade people to display the poster.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/downloads/pos ... rum_a4.pdf

Many thanks for your support.

cugila and sugarless sue
Forum Monitor's