'Reversing Diabetes?'.....An interesting link.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Reversal of your Diabetes symptoms is quite possible providing you keep tight control of blood glucose levels. This is what we advocate that all Diabetic's do. It is a lifestyle and not something that can be dropped when you feel like it.

Reversal is NOT a cure.......this guy and anybody else who does what we advocate here will ALWAYS be a Diabetic, just a very well controlled one. If he goes back to the 'old regime' he would quickly find his levels rising.

It takes willpower and motivation to keep the lifestyle going.......unfortunately not everybody can do that.

Inspiring story though........ :)

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Good to see you back Ken, you have been missed.

:D :D :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Thanks Bernie.......much appreciated :)

Lindakp

Dislikes
Rude people. Drivers who cling to my bumper when I am observing speed limits!!
I have just been to GP and he has taken me off Metformin as BG is now only 5.7. He said it was because I have lost over 3 stone. Does this mean that I no longer have Diabetes?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
You still have Diabetes, you are just a very well controlled one ! Congratulations, keep it up !

hallii

Lindakp said:
I have just been to GP and he has taken me off Metformin as BG is now only 5.7. He said it was because I have lost over 3 stone. Does this mean that I no longer have Diabetes?

Now that is interesting, my HbA1c was down to 5.2 (with some effort) my DSN convinced me to start on Metformin.

I was told it works better and for longer if taken early and that it has a protective role in heart and liver problems.

I was told that any T2 who has been over an HbA1c of 7 at anytime is better off on Metformin.

And yes, once a T2 always a T2, just well controlled, to be cured you would need to be able to do a glucose tolerance test and show normal figures,I know I can't eat 75 or 100 gm of sugar and have normal readings !

H

Lindakp

Dislikes
Rude people. Drivers who cling to my bumper when I am observing speed limits!!
hallii said:
Lindakp said:

Now that is interesting, my HbA1c was down to 5.2 (with some effort) my DSN convinced me to start on Metformin.

I was told it works better and for longer if taken early and that it has a protective role in heart and liver problems.

I was told that any T2 who has been over an HbA1c of 7 at anytime is better off on Metformin.

And yes, once a T2 always a T2, just well controlled, to be cured you would need to be able to do a glucose tolerance test and show normal figures,I know I can't eat 75 or 100 gm of sugar and have normal readings !

H
My GP said only need Metformin if HbAic is 6 or above

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Malc,

Much like others have said, Mr Legg has found a way of controlling his diabetes and has certainly not reversed it, I bet if he was unable to exercise for a few weeks due to illness or a accident it would come back with a vengeance.

Nigel

spideog

That is a dangerous article for them to have published and to keep using the term "reversed" throughout it. What the heading of that article suggests, and what they keep referring to throughout it, is impossible. You can only be a very well controlled diabetic, you can't reverse it.

I'd like to think if that was published this side of the pond they would be swiftly told to retract it or give it a major re-write.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I havent tested for a week or two but I tested twice today two hours after breakfast and two hours after lunch, I recorded a 5.7mmol/L and a 5.8mmol/L

Yippee I'm cured
banana.gif

Oh no, I forgot, I'm just well controlled at this moment in time :cry:

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Ding! A Time Machine :D
STEPHEN HAWKING
All you need is a wormhole, the Large Hadron Collider or a rocket that goes really, really fast
No would not work you-d go back with it :?

Next

Back to sleep :) ZZzzzzzz :!:

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
My Nurse has a very good way of describing well controlled diabetes , she told me that I had managed to make it go away, but that it was lurking in the wings, ready to get back centre stage if I gave up my current regime .