Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And please, don't get me started on Xmas being earlier in the shops each year.
It is one of my bugbears.

As far as I am concerned, any Xmas related gripe should get an automatic pass straight through to the black hole on the other side of 101.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
People who feed urban foxes.

At 3am this morning I was running (ok trundling) barefoot down our street in my nightdress, armed with an umbrella, driving 2 urban foxes off the neighbour's cat they had cornered in our front garden. They were hunting in a pincer movement.

The noise was indescribable.

Luckily they ran, leaving me trying to catch a hysterical cat to check for injuries.
Unluckily, it limped off, but I think I know where it lives, so can find out how it is.

There's a woman down our street who leaves out bread and milk for hedgehogs (doesn't that upset their stomachs?)
Dogfood for foxes (the fox population is exploding)
And cat food for cats (none of whom are strays, so they all get fed at home)

So really the silly mare is actually feeding the foxes twice; tinned food and live prey.
:banghead:

And I got so little sleep (adrenalin, exercise and sheer anger) that my fasting BG is now 11 (usually 6.5 ish) and I got about 3 hrs sleep.

So I'm taking today as annual leave and will spend half if it asleep.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People who feed urban foxes.

At 3am this morning I was running (ok trundling) barefoot down our street in my nightdress, armed with an umbrella, driving 2 urban foxes off the neighbour's cat they had cornered in our front garden. They were hunting in a pincer movement.

The noise was indescribable.

Luckily they ran, leaving me trying to catch a hysterical cat to check for injuries.
Unluckily, it limped off, but I think I know where it lives, so can find out how it is.

There's a woman down our street who leaves out bread and milk for hedgehogs (doesn't that upset their stomachs?)
Dogfood for foxes (the fox population is exploding)
And cat food for cats (none of whom are strays, so they all get fed at home)

So really the silly mare is actually feeding the foxes twice; tinned food and live prey.
:banghead:

And I got so little sleep (adrenalin, exercise and sheer anger) that my fasting BG is now 11 (usually 6.5 ish) and I got about 3 hrs sleep.

So I'm taking today as annual leave and will spend half if it asleep.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Yes, foxes stink. They are sneaky evil beasts that will kill for the sake of it, not just for food. A bit like some humans. The crazy feeding woman needs to be chastised by the MILs in 101 ante room.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would add to fox feeders, grey squirrel feeders. Grey squirrels are nasty alien critters that destroy habitat of natural species. They also bite the heads off baby birds.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
All Fireworks and the people who buy them and let them off, my poor old girl is scared rigid every year and I worry that this year it will be too much for her even though she has tablets to help, I am reluctant to keep her dosed up for the week but will have to do so otherwise she will spend the week scared and that's not fair.

Janiept

Expert
All Fireworks and the people who buy them and let them off, my poor old girl is scared rigid every year and I worry that this year it will be too much for her even though she has tablets to help, I am reluctant to keep her dosed up for the week but will have to do so otherwise she will spend the week scared and that's not fair.
I second this one !!!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Firework setter offers most definitely. Especially the halfwits that use the very load ones, every day for a month. I would insert large rockets in their rear ends and put them into orbit. They have no consideration for man nor beast.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't like cats. \]<*<* things alway using the garden as a toilet. Fighting at silly o'clock waking the street. If you own a cat then be responsible for it. :mad:

Janiept

Expert
Oh dear, I am agreeing with this one too. My neighbours cat uses my fence as a scratching post and is tearing it to pieces and I am fed up with grabbing handfuls of it's mess when I am gardening !!!

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot about the fence post bit. Mrs nuthead won't let buy an air rifle. :depressed:. Seriously considering another dog. :). Never had cat problems when we had dogs ;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I try to be tolerant of other people's cats, but I would not have one in my house. One minute they are pooing in the garden, or worse in a litter tray in the house. Then they are scratching about in their excrement, and then they walk along the kitchen work top where food is prepared.

I have a bit of an obsession about germs around my food.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hate the way cats come creeping around your legs too as if they are trying to trip you up.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't think they should go in 101 though. Just the cat owners who think that everyone should love their moggies.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Fireworks again all of them the buyers sellers and all of them, my poor old girl has spent the whole week out of her brain dosed up on tablets and there is still tonight to go, will it never end.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Mr scandi has a moan.
People who have retractable dog leads and let the dog go the whole length, usually accross the cycle path my hubbie is riding down!

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:facepalm: I am putting Spiders into Room 101. In fact put them anywhere that is nowhere near me.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here Now! :rolleyes:

Ah, I can put up with little bits of I'm a Celebrity.... get me out of here, but....... the brain dead Big Brother and anyone associated with this trash should be thrown in there.............appalling :arghh: :banghead: :arghh: :mad: all calm now lol

RRB

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people