Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Defo agree with BT emails. I frequently, like every other day, have error messages telling me my password is incorrect, when I know full well it isn't. On most occasions I change the password successfully, but on other occasions when I try to do this I am told they don't recognise me and to use the "forgot password" option. I do this, then get a message saying they will email me with my password. ***. I CAN'T RECEIVE ANY EMAILS because my password is "incorrect". There is no way round it but to either use the on-line chat or telephone. I have asked why this happens, and been told someone has tried to hack my account, albeit they were unable to crack the password, but the BT security person locked my account anyway. Well, gee thanks. The last time this happened, it took me a whole day to get it sorted.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having got my email back in commission, I can revert to my normal levels of grumpiness. :)

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I should prob touch wood to be safe but I've put conkers all around downstairs and so far no spiders indoors.
No to spiders going to room 101. They eat the nasty flies and bugs so keep them out and make pets of them in our homes.

Reactions: 2 people

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
[

I appear to have been sending out random emails to lots of people in my address book - including to some people I'd rather not be mailing. So, I go through all the protracted routes to change passwords etc (having run AV more than once), only to find the main, online system tells me I have changed my password, but I now can't send or receive email.

Eventually, having worn out my remaining grey call, I gird my loins and call the helpdesk. I am then told, by automated message, "there may be a problem preventing me from sending and receiving mail" and I should try again in around 30 minutes.

I could send an email complaining. Or not. BECAUSE I CAN'T SEND EMAIL. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not that I'm irritated or anything. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:sorry::sorry::sorry:[/QUOTE]
BT should go straight to 101 as well as Virgin media , they are both evil and useless

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Right. I'm back.

Hi :)

I'm so glad that Willie mentioned driving, that's a subject close to my heart and will be the subject of my next post, I drove over 1000 miles last week.....

But first, at this time of year, I must nominate ...... Fragrance adverts .......

Pathetic, pretentious, nonsensical guff.

They make no sense at all, none of them say (for example), this stuff smells citrusy, or this stuff smells spicy, or this stuff smells like spring flowers. Instead we get 'descriptions' like -
"I see her, she wants me"
"I see him, I swirl"
"I'm tumescent"
"I'm moist"
Blah blah blah

And the worst one is the one that ends with the guy saying "I'm not going to be who they expect me to be"

WHAT??

F**k off!!! It's after shave, tell us what it smells like you idiot!

I can never be friends with anyone who can't put fragrance adverts in room 101............

Reactions: 6 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
AND I'VE JUST NOTICED IM A 'SENIOR'!

THERE ARE NO WORDS.............

Otherhalf

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Right. I'm back.

Hi :)

I'm so glad that Willie mentioned driving, that's a subject close to my heart and will be the subject of my next post, I drove over 1000 miles last week.....

But first, at this time of year, I must nominate ...... Fragrance adverts .......

Pathetic, pretentious, nonsensical guff.

They make no sense at all, none of them say (for example), this stuff smells citrusy, or this stuff smells spicy, or this stuff smells like spring flowers. Instead we get 'descriptions' like -
"I see her, she wants me"
"I see him, I swirl"
"I'm tumescent"
"I'm moist"
Blah blah blah

And the worst one is the one that ends with the guy saying "I'm not going to be who they expect me to be"

WHAT??

F**k off!!! It's after shave, tell us what it smells like you idiot!

I can never be friends with anyone who can't put fragrance adverts in room 101............
Now you point it out so well perfume adverts are pretty weird ! I will view in a whole new light.
I saw a TOWIE (the only way is Essex ) fragrance set in super drug the other day , goodness knows what that will smell like , because that is described as "reem"

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Remember the Chanel advert that makes you want to strut in a sultry fashion through your ancestral home, while peeling off gold lame evening dresses?

Well, I wanted some of that.

But the smell put me off.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now you point it out so well perfume adverts are pretty weird ! I will view in a whole new light.
I saw a TOWIE (the only way is Essex ) fragrance set in super drug the other day , goodness knows what that will smell like , because that is described as "reem"

I should imagine when you first put it on it smells of youthful abandon and promises of stardom and riches. After a while though, it becomes dull and smells of shattered dreams...

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Remember the Chanel advert that makes you want to strut in a sultry fashion through your ancestral home, while peeling off gold lame evening dresses?

Hard to forget that one, it's a beautifully shot advert with wonderful vibrant colours and Charlize Theron getting her kit off

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I quite liked that one. Think it was J'adore by Dior. Not that I pay any attention to advertising honest. Is it sad that my 8 year old quotes along to the Argos adverts? ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I quite liked that one. Think it was J'adore by Dior. Not that I pay any attention to advertising honest. Is it sad that my 8 year old quotes along to the Argos adverts? ;)
Yes!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Of all the possibly million of films out there why oh why do they put war films on at Christmas, its supposed to be a time of peace and good will, or have I missed something

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of all the possibly million of films out there why oh why do they put war films on at Christmas, its supposed to be a time of peace and good will, or have I missed something
Yes, almost as bad though are the programmes and films promoting 'family' Christmas gatherings where everyone is happily getting along. How many families do not have some sort of resentment come to the fore, or how many people feel let down by reality, or obligation to do what is expected?
Bah humbug!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even worse are the soaps that always seem to have a tragedy cliff hanger on Christmas day.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:wideyed:

The gold lame Dior advert has a sequel!

Just seen it.
But I'm not sure I want to climb the gold curtains in my ancestral home, while ripping off my ancestral pearls.

There has also been an extreme amount of body doubling CGI added.

Very silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

The gold lame Dior advert has a sequel!

Just seen it.
But I'm not sure I want to climb the gold curtains in my ancestral home, while ripping off my ancestral pearls.

There has also been an extreme amount of body doubling CGI added.

Very silly.

Ah, I only watch BBC. No adverts.
Will try the commercial channels. Probably more entertainment in adverts.