Save on phone & broadband

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So you what about tv, where you getting that now?.

I have a Sky dish that I can get freeview channels on (about 100) altogether. I'm using it in the bedroom at the moment but will use it instead of the Tivo box when the Virgin Media has gone.

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many years ago when we first got cable (in those days it was NTL) we had an issue with pixelated picture and frozen picture. In the end we had three engineers around our house one was watching our TV, the senior engineer was sat in a van across the road by the green street box tapped in to our cable feed and watching and trying to resolve the issue and the other was running between the two. They resolved it in the end but I am not sure what they did, I think it was an issue in the green street cabinet.

Our contract reaches expiry date early next year and dropping the phone line is one of our options as we don't use it now a days, the only person to regularly phone us is the daughter but she has mobile, facebook and skype as options. We already have 50mbps broadband and honestly can't see the need for us to have 100mbps broadband so that will be an interesting conversation.

I was only on 100mb because over the years they just kept adding mb's to it for free. When I first started with pc's I was on dial up, then jumped up to 8Mb's. It was that fast I couldn't brew up anymore between pages opening.:D

just had a check on VM website and they are normally only giving 50Mb's for £28.50, I managed to keep my 100mb's and only paying £21.49........................can only think it's down to customer loyalty

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a Sky dish that I can get freeview channels on (about 100) altogether. I'm using it in the bedroom at the moment but will use it instead of the Tivo box when the Virgin Media has gone.
That's what I use in the bedroom also, & the free view built into the tv, DTV, in the lounge. :D

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The broadband is up & running now. Bit of a lose while the change took place, but supper fine now & the router works good, with good single in the house.;):cool: