SEEDS & NUTS

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
It sure is they have us by the image.jpg When it comes to food shopping.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just a preference you roast them or does it change the carb/cal/fat values ?. I'm trying to stick to low carbs but finding it harder than I did earlier in the year.
Well, they're nicer so I expect they're not so good but I don't care, it's all relative. There are so many variables with everything, where it comes from etc, we can only do our best, and that's good enough for me.

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Thank you I think all nuts seem to have gone up in price lately or is it just me that thinks that?
I know tesco have the health branded nuts all nicely bagged up near the fruit n veg (very pricey) and then there's normal nuts some by snacks etc and some in home cooking some of these are much cheaper tesco own brands (other supermarkets are available )

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Well I've got me nuts, I didn't realise how many types there was I've bought cashews, roasted nut mix and almonds, haven't quite sussed out how much are in the pots I brought, why do they print stuff so small on packaging it's bad enough not seeing very well, but this is a joke. I'll use carbs and Cals and go by the pictures etc and count a few out, didn't by any seeds i must admit it just didn't look appealing to me.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
I know tesco have the health branded nuts all nicely bagged up near the fruit n veg (very pricey) and then there's normal nuts some by snacks etc and some in home cooking some of these are much cheaper tesco own brands (other supermarkets are available )
Glad you got your nuts,some are really expensive I go for the cheap variety as I thought that all nuts are produced the same way they just put them into different packaging to get more money from you,that's just my opinion.image.jpg

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well I've got me nuts, I didn't realise how many types there was I've bought cashews, roasted nut mix and almonds, haven't quite sussed out how much are in the pots I brought, why do they print stuff so small on packaging it's bad enough not seeing very well, but this is a joke. I'll use carbs and Cals and go by the pictures etc and count a few out, didn't by any seeds i must admit it just didn't look appealing to me.

Pumpkin seeds have a nice nutty taste to them, you should try them as a snack if you like eating between meals. Don't buy seeds in the likes of Tesco's as they are a rip-off and the packets are small, Lidl sell them for around a £1 and offer good value for money, or purchase them at Holland & Barrett when they do a Buy One Get One Half Price deal.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One other point, there are websites which will tell you nuts retain most of their nutrients unless soaked first for 24 hours, dried slowly in an oven for another 24 hours and then roasted. I tried it once and they were horrible and anyway I've got better things to do.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Pumpkin seeds have a nice nutty taste to them, you should try them as a snack if you like eating between meals. Don't buy seeds in the likes of Tesco's as they are a rip-off and the packets are small, Lidl sell them for around a £1 and offer good value for money, or purchase them at Holland & Barrett when they do a Buy One Get One Half Price deal.
I paid a pound each from what I can see 100gram pots then by chance I went into Lakeside retail park and a recently opened shop called Home Bargains they had various packets not as many as tesco's but their prices varied from 55p-79p for a bigger looking packet so I'll give them a try next week