slim, taking care of myself but with diagnosed with high triglycerides

marcela olega

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unwilling to look for a solution
Hi my name is Marcela, I am slim and not eating lost of fat for some strange reason diagnosed with high level of triglycerides. On ths forum I would like to know more about this matter

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds logical. I eat lots of fat and have triglycerides at 0.7 but then I am on strict LCHF. And I am slim too.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Marcela, welcome to the forum! :) I agree with the others - carbs are the problem

C

catherinecherub

I thought you already knew how to lower cholesterol and triglycerides. You must know the science behind it surely and the fact that anyone can have high triglycerides whatever their body composition.? You are all over the internet recommending a product. and describe yourself as a Bachelor in Food and Food Production Science. Try taking the product that you recommend to lower cholesterol and triglycerides. and see if it works.

Reactions: 3 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, she obviously isn't recommending Chia seeds for trig, if she has high levels
Or is she going to tell us next week about the pixie dust

marcela olega

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
yes I am a food scientist, which is not the same as a doctor, I know chia seeds work but some information on the matter I am still missing. This is why I am here for.

marcela olega

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
thank you, very good input here, once again I do agree on the carbs but 'No grain oil or trans fat, throw away marge and use butter
' (butter is made from cow milk?) is not a good advise since in my believe one should use monounsaturated fats. Grain oils are the best oils there are, such as sesame oil, chia seed oil.

mpe

Hi my name is Marcela, I am slim and not eating lost of fat for some strange reason diagnosed with high level of triglycerides.

That's not strange at all. If you understand what is being measured here, which isn't dietary fat.
One of the most common reasons for the liver to produce fats, which is what is being measured here, is too little fat in the diet.
The other common reason is an excess of dietary sugars.
If you are eating a so called "healthy diet" either or both could be the case.
In the case of the NHS "Eatwell plate" the biggest source of sugars is called "Starchy Carbohydrates".
(N.B. the terminology the food industry uses is misleading since carbohydrates they don't call "sugars" are higher in sugars than those they do. Which can easily lead to people attempting to eat less sugar ending up eating more. Especially more glucose which is the sugar diabetics can't handle well in the first place.)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
yes I am a food scientist, which is not the same as a doctor, I know chia seeds work but some information on the matter I am still missing. This is why I am here for.

So do linseeds (flaxseeds) Marcela :)