Socks

lakesider52

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Surprisingly, the Diabetes UK website does not include socks for diabetics in their "shop" Can anyone recommend extra wide soft-top socks that (a) really are extra-wide and (b) do not cost a fortune?

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Although my husband isn't diabetic, he does have problems with nerve damage in his feet through chemo. Over the past year or so he's been wearing these from Amazon...... they wash as new.

1703152049024.png

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Surprisingly, the Diabetes UK website does not include socks for diabetics in their "shop" Can anyone recommend extra wide soft-top socks that (a) really are extra-wide and (b) do not cost a fortune?
I had lower-leg oedema and found Gentle Grip socks did the trick for me.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Sea Salt bamboo sailor socks do the trick for me , no more cutting in lines around the ankles when I take them off and as a bonus my fungal nail infection on my big toes which I had for decades has disappeared I guess from the wicking process of the bamboo , other bamboo socks are of course available .

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all the responses which I have only just seen as I was not sent any notifications by the forum.
You won't, unless you set your preferences to do that. I have email notifications disabled but get alerts on the forum at the top right of the screen, next to the username. Obviously I log in to see those.

• Agree
Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for all the responses which I have only just seen as I was not sent any notifications by the forum.
On a side note, if I find a thread that interests me, I choose (watch) at top of thread.

Not sure if @KennyA is referring to same thing, but I too choose 'no emails'

Posts I make, automatically GET me a notification if someone else 'likes' or responds to MY post.

The thread notification keeps me aware if ANYONE responded in the entire thread .

Good luck on sockhunt .