Son at nursery constantly ill!

acox75

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiotic people, know it alls who know nothing, lazy home educators!
So my son started nursery in September and since then he has had about 3 weeks where he hasn't been ill! He is on his 2nd course of antibiotics within the last 3 weeks and the doctor said he has a viral infection. He doesn't seem to get over the first before he catches another so I have kept him off school. I know this builds immunity but when he gets too bad what do you do?

I just wondered what other parents do when the illness is ongoing and BM's are all over the place. Do you send him to school? I did send him in at the start of the 3 weeks as I thought it was just a cold but it got worse. I actually go in to nursery with him so it is easy to monitor him if he is at school as the staff are not fully confident. Although my son has a sensor, it is not always accurate when his BM's fluctuate. I don't feel comfortable letting them do checks at the moment - after all he is my baby and can I really trust someone yet? Erm... NO!! I know it'll be fine when he goes into Reception as he will be more aware of how he is feeling and should be able to tell someone. He already inputs his carbs into his pump and checks his BM (all under assistance and guidance of course) so I'm confident he will be more able.

Thanks
:)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi acox, all children whether they are diabetic or not tend to get each and every bug going when they start nursery, they then very kindly give them to the rest of the family. So stopping him going to nursery will only result in the problems restarting when he goes back.
I know mum's worry but tuff it out for his sake.

Reactions: 3 people