Sporty Forty.e t

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning! I've done my 40 minutes walk again today, so you can scrap that sick-note @Jamrox 'cos I'm back now.:)
Glad your back Zand I have been covering for you best I could glad Jamrox didn't notice ! Sounds like you are feeling a lot more positive which is great x

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes thanks for doing that for me Connie, I think I just about got away with it. I can recommend these anti-depressants! ;):) The trouble is they make me very hungry so I can't just eat until I've had enough anymore because I've never had enough, so I'm weighing my food again to make sure I stick to reasonable portions. I feel hungry all the time. How are you?

Reactions: 6 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Yes thanks for doing that for me Connie, I think I just about got away with it. I can recommend these anti-depressants! ;):) The trouble is they make me very hungry so I can't just eat until I've had enough anymore because I've never had enough, so I'm weighing my food again to make sure I stick to reasonable portions. I feel hungry all the time. How are you?

The side effects must be wearing off then @zand so well done for sticking with them [thumbs up smiley!]

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well we're now at our holiday cottage in Corbridge, Northumberland :). Three storey converted mill building of some kind (I'll have to chat with the owner about its history) but lots of stairs to run up and down.

Thursday night we stopped over in Harrogate and had cooked breakfast in Betty's, had a stroll about and found a Hotel Chocolat - had to go in because I'd heard they do a 100% chocolate. Actually they do several and we were given a tasting (only pieces the size of the choc chips in a cookie, but that's all you need) - amazed how they varied, like wine or coffee I suppose depending on soil, climate and so on. The Dominican was almost peppery, we also tried a St Lucian but came away with some Peruvian and Ecuadorian. It's so strong you only need a bit the size of a smartie for a 'hit' and it's only 20g carb for the whole 70g bar so no more than 1g per small square. 'Charming Dominatrix' the blurb says - what more can you ask for ;):woot:.

Off out shortly to get some food in, but planning on chilling the rest of the day.

Reactions: 11 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am doing ok thanks be glad when I can drive again but that's a couple of weeks yet . Walking gets easier every day so that's going in right direction so in all I would say operation was a success just didn't realize the effort needed to get back to normal ! Glad the tablets are working for you x

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Sanguine I trained in Hexham years ago. Its lovely around there.
Is the indian still at the railway station it is supposed to be lovely

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Zand I think between feeling rotten , starting new meds and running around after your Aunt is a good reason for your sick line lol.
Just glad things are getting better xxx

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a Colonoscopy yesterday afternoon but I think I made my 40 mins running to the loo and back with the vile vile preparation stuff they send you .:yuck:
Oh, bless you, that is not a pleasant experience. Hope it wrnt well, and nothing untoward showed up in the diagnostics.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome back Bebo . Don't forget to take even 10 minutes to look after your own health and not just spend all your time on team GB health lol.

@Pipp I know you aren't there at the moment but I actually did swim yesterday in a lovely sunny pool. Will go for walk this morning then swim this afternoon ;)
Oooh, are you liking the swimming. Do I have a convert?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a lovely walk along the rocky coast in the sun.
Had half a brown nutty bread bum and tuna mayo ..fingers crossed I don't spike
Hope you didn't spike your sunburnt bum! :hilarious:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Walking would be a dream today .Can't even stand ...knee giving me hell and in constant pain and since this morning the hip on that side is causing me agony .Totally miserable today .Trying Naproxen and Feldine gel but the pain is just overiding both .I want to garden ! :bigtears:

Aww! Have you tried some gentle Pilates style exercises? Can do them lying on bed.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For Pipp. Thanks for the encouragement
Like x 1000000!
Jamrox, brilliant. I really hope you enjoyed that. What an achievement.

Are you watching other posters? What are we going to challenge ourselves with to match the courage of the inspirational Jamrox?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....brilliant @Jamrox you've sounded determined since you started, it will make Pipp's day when she sees those photos....:D

...45 minute walk in the sunshine, lovely day, summer's not gone yet..

You are right, @Pollylocks. I am so pleased for @Jamrox.
I also feel that I too need to step out of my comfort zone, and challenge myself to something new.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to liverpool to museum of slavery. Couple of hours walking - the dock area is amazing but whoever allowed that bizarre black glass building next to the Liver building should be sacked from the planning office.
Quite right @cold ethyl, think it is Merseytravel. Totally out of place. Sadly I think my home town is being turned into a playground for foreign tourists. All development in a small area around the city centre, but the suburbs just down the road neglected.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blows cobwebs and tumbleweed away... 45 minutes on bike today.
If you were on Liverpool waterfront yesterday, there probably won't be many cobwebs left to be blown away.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a busy day yesterday lots of walking so did feel that I had done enough . Went out to dinner last night first time since my op . We met some friends the husband is diabetic, weighs about 23 stone is on dialysis and needs a kidney transplant but can't have it until he looses weight so looking at gastric band . With all his problems I was shocked to see he was eating pizza and drinking regular coke ! He must have had 3 cokes whilst we were there. I did ask him if they had given him regular coke by mistake and he said no I asked for it as I prefer it to diet !
Have a good weekend everyone x
Oh dear, @connie104 hope he sees the light before it is too late. Maybe he would be influenced by your success? Some people do not seem to want to help themselves though.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....the fitness thingy looks interesting Jamrox, the body blade I bought is for toning [and workouts] too....bought it on the spur of the moment and it lived in the cupboard till I came on here....

....nearly an hour's walk yesterday...may cut it down slightly as I always seem to be eating my lunch at the desk when I get back and its sods law that the phone rings whenever I have a mouthful of food...:cool:
Think I might invest in a bodyblade, even though the physio thought it would be a waste of money. Surely anything to make me move more in a way I can manage has to be good?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Aw @Pipp you ve made me cry.Honest tears are down my cheeks.
Its not me who's inspirational its all of you.
A lot of us have so many challenges every day, , challenges that I cannot even imagine how difficult life is.
I am really proud of myself with what I have achieved since February but I would not have done it without you all.
I am not great at swimming but I will get better and will practice more. It is good activities and my bum doesn't get numb lol.
I think I now have 5 different activities and might alternate them
*exercise bike
*walking
*cross trainer
*swimming
* little weights , thigh thing and big ball sit on thing ...all of which I have no idea what to do with lol.
The nights are getting darker so in a month or so the evening walk won't be so easy. Wish I had a bigger house so I could have a little gym.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Lovely walk around Ayr airshow today . We were there a long time and walked a lot.

Attachments

• 1410042640103.jpg
    1410042640103.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 133