Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Aqualung glad you liked it. I did too obviously lol.
I can't go to Northumberland without going to the scarf shop , it's the little touches.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel like skiving too. Haven't yet, but I feel it won't be long. Tired and achy, apart from when I am in the pool. Did an hour today, 20 swim 5 minutes out of the water, then 35 mins aquafit.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have been doing quite a bit of walking on the beach lately as had friends staying at hotel nearby and walked down beach to meet them . They have gone home now so will concentrate on my exercise bike if my bum will take it !!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have been doing quite a bit of walking on the beach lately as had friends staying at hotel nearby and walked down beach to meet them . They have gone home now so will concentrate on my exercise bike if my bum will take it !!

Walking on beach sounds lovely. Hard workout on the sand. You are doing so well @connie104 .

I have been at the pool again. Intense aquafit 45 mins workout, followed by 15 min fast swimming. Then for good measure 50 mins walking round shops with just 3 short, 5 min rests.
Have I done enough this week to have a skive? Better not, still not losing weight. Nor gaining muscle.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of hours walking in London. Not sure why they have tubes as you seem to have to walk or climb half the journey on foot. Going to have a peddle once food settles. The upside of wll this exercise and carb cutting is that I can finally say Sfter 35 years that inhavetge body of Kate Bush - not sure it's quite such a good thing from her side.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
........decided to walk home yesterday but went a different way to make it a bit more interesting...ended up somewhere I'd never even seen before and I thought I knew my town off by heart!!...it also meant that it was twice as long as it should have been but thats probably not a bad thing!!

...normal lunch hour walk today.....:hilarious:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Life got in the way today but did stand and iron for 2hours. My ironing was to much.Now only have another 15shirts to do. My husband reckons he doesn't have any clothes .....

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Gooood morning peeeps hope you all have a good day.
I confess that while I have moved for 40 minutes the past 2 days I haven't done it with gusto. I feel below parr today and im sure its because I haven't done much . So today is a new beginning , Im getting back on track ..

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gooood morning peeeps hope you all have a good day.
I confess that while I have moved for 40 minutes the past 2 days I haven't done it with gusto. I feel below parr today and im sure its because I haven't done much . So today is a new beginning , Im getting back on track ..

Yes, come on @Jamrox. We will all start slacking if you don't stay on our case.

Do you think the shift in season makes us a bit lethargic? I hate the dark nights, and very often dark days, so will be getting warm clothes ready and making sure I get outside for whatever sunlight may be around.

How about swimming @Jamrox? Have you done any more?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hurrah, this thread is trending on forum news page.

So, come on everyone, we are being watched. No skiving or slacking now please. Lets tell everyone how active we are!

If you are new to the thread, welcome, join in. We exercise at least 40 mins a day then report on here. Share ideas, and encourage each other.

Right, I have excelled today.

Busy with the vacuum cleaner, dashed round the shops, then a swim, fast 70 lengths of the 15 metre pool in 45 mins. I tried to remain modest when a woman commented that I was a really good swimmer, with excellent co-ordination. I was feeling very proud though. Back for another supermarket dash for the stuff I had forgotten. Just back from another 10 minute walk. Feel energised today. Seize the day!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
not done much today as getting son sorted to go back to uni before I went shopping ( and they still managed to leave his paperwork I'd put out to take- good job he is only at uni down road so that's another job to add to weekend list.) Going to get on bike when dinner has settled.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Aaagghj I posted and it dissappeared.
Anyway. Thanks Pipp I needed that. That's what I like about our little group , we spurr each over on.
Its drizzly here today but after work I plugged in my earphones and walked up my hill. Its amazing how different it looks in the drizzle.

Attachments

• 1411666736598.jpg
    1411666736598.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 1411666750068.jpg
    1411666750068.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 1411666775398.jpg
    1411666775398.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 288

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
@Pipp fooswise Ive behaved too.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
It is lovely. I didn't realise how lovely until I got active :)

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
..walk in lunch hour yesterday, 45 minutes, bought some new trainers after work so will be whizzing along much faster from today onwards lol. ;) ..meant to be having a bit of a heatwave here today but its not turned up yet :cool:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, where are you all? Was it the thought of being watched that made you all shy? Or are most of you skiving? Or dare I ask, has this thread run it's course now?

Just when I was starting to actually like the exercise, and almost ready to take a leap of faith into the dreaded gym!

Been in the pool for another intense aquafit session of 45 mins duration. That was after a 15 minute swim. I am starting to feel the benefit of the increased activity. BG remains stable, even thoug I have not been eating too well. Also less arthritic pain. I am very tired though, and not up to much else, but it is a relaxed tired rather than exhausted tired, so I am happy with that.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still here. Did 20 mins last night on bike. Today we went out for drive and did half an hour's walk round Jedbergh- should have been longer but we were late getting away as Mr E out late last night and I couldn't get out of own way this morning. Will try harder tomorrow.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I was working then out with the family to the Glasgow Hydro to see Still Game. Really funny and a good night. The daughters are out with their friends now.
I did walk for an hour at lunchtime. :)
I don't want to give up and will continue on here :)