Step closer

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just visited diabetic nurse and she was brilliant as is this website I asked about lada(she had previously asked me to read up on it) and agreed for testing and was sure that this would be the outcome of my results she gave me a big monitor and everything on prescription tested everything my blood sugars were 8. It's been a tough few weeks lost 10lb in weight n feeling a little healthier although blood pressure still high. What's next carb counting I think she feels I am not having enough carbs and that's causing my dizziness.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
HI. Can you let us know what medication you are on? Was the weight loss due to planned dieting? You should only need more carbs if the meter shows your blood sugar is low i.e. below 5'ish. Note that to test for LADA the nurse would need to specifically take a GAD and c-peptide blood test.

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No medication at present thanks think weight loss cause I have been and started on low carb where as the week before I was eating virtually what I wanted and ignoring the carbs and sugar.

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was supposed to say a couple of week ago

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As Torq said on the other thread, if you've just started low carbing, then yes you'll lose dramatic amounts of weight in the first week. It's because you're using up your liver's glycogen supply, so you're releasing all the water stored with it too.