Step into Spring

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 10772

Snow started last night so couldn't walk as if fell on frozen ground so last night I did a bit of nightie dancing in my living room .
Tonight the snows gone but it's to cold to go in my wet garage so I'm going to walk up and down the stairs during the adverts as @Pipp. I'm not skiving I'm doing it .

Hmm, ok. When I saw that photo I thought you were going to use that as a pathetic excuse, not to exercise. I'll accept stair climbing as valid activity, but I am watching you @Jamrox.

Note to other posters: I am only mean to people who ask me to be. I expect normal service from Jamrox the motivator to resume soon.

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great picture @sanguine, I dream of one day living somewhere like tHat but I will need to win the lottery first!

Did a 30 minute walk at lunchtime and the. A mad dash around halfords on the way home to grab some bits for the car incase the snowy weather comes this way and I needed a headlight bulb replaced... Now I am sitting wrapped up warm in front of the fire...

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmm, ok. When I saw that photo I thought you were going to use that as a pathetic excuse, not to exercise. I'll accept stair climbing as valid activity, but I am watching you @Jamrox.

Note to other posters: I am only mean to people who ask me to be. I expect normal service from Jamrox the motivator to resume soon.
Makes a note... Never get on the wrong side of @Pipp lol ;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, where are you all, and what activities have you been up to?

I am on a sick note today. Sore throat and cough. As I am asthmatic that restricts me. Have made sure that I get out of the chair every hour and move around for five minutes, that has been walking round the garden ( just once as it was blowing a gale) step ups on the bottom stair, arm exercises with resistance bands, sweeping the kitchen, and invisible hula hoop.
Not very happy as I intended to increase water based exercise but now it looks like my schedule will be set back a week or so. Will keep moving though.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, virus gone now. :)I'm back. I have done lots of ironing of shirts and sewing and cooking and a bit of washing. Does that count? I definitely want to focus on activity rather than exercise until Spring is here.

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, where are you all, and what activities have you been up to?

I am on a sick note today. Sore throat and cough. As I am asthmatic that restricts me. Have made sure that I get out of the chair every hour and move around for five minutes, that has been walking round the garden ( just once as it was blowing a gale) step ups on the bottom stair, arm exercises with resistance bands, sweeping the kitchen, and invisible hula hoop.
Not very happy as I intended to increase water based exercise but now it looks like my schedule will be set back a week or so. Will keep moving though.
Awww, I hope you are feeling better soon. :nurse:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, virus gone now. :)I'm back. I have done lots of ironing of shirts and sewing and cooking and a bit of washing. Does that count? I definitely want to focus on activity rather than exercise until Spring is here.

Glad virus gone. I feel rough. Do you want to take over as motivator? I think I have scared people off.

Oh and I think any activity above and beyond what you would normally do counts.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well this time of year I normally do as little as possible!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
got the sore throat too, so you have my sympathies.

25 minutes peddling and 15 minutes walk in the wind round town. Nearly got blown away.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
60 minutes walking....wow it was windy! Plus 45 minutes playing running games with 3 yr old nephew... Boy am I knackered lol

Tomorrow will be a skive day for me, as I am in an all day meeting tomorrow and then I am off out with my sister tomorrow night:)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
What? I am a little ray of sunshine. Just look at my avatar. @Jamrox told me to keep her motivated, so I am trying. @Jamrox will soon be taking the helm as chief motivator (slave driver) again. I am rubbish at it.

Thank you @Pipp , I do indeed need scalding.
The weather has been so bad here today that even the lamp posts were bending . I had to go and give my old Aunt another shower after work because she had an "accident " and wouldn't let her husband wash her. It was difficult because she really didn't want a shower .

I will get back at it , my garage is freezing and the roofs leaking , can't go out and walk in this weather , it is really really bad , trains cancelled , houses with no power etc
I have danced about my living room so doing something , just not as energetic as usual. I can't even do my lunchtime walk because the weather has been awful.

Taking about lunch , have any of you tried these
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1421359459.401621.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1421359481.018413.jpg

Low carb and really tasty of you have a sweet tooth like me

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Got out for another 30 minutes walk this morning between the showers.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The weather has been so bad here today that even the lamp posts were bending . I had to go and give my old Aunt another shower after work because she had an "accident " and wouldn't let her husband wash her. It was difficult because she really didn't want a shower .

I will get back at it , my garage is freezing and the roofs leaking , can't go out and walk in this weather , it is really really bad , trains cancelled , houses with no power etc
I have danced about my living room so doing something , just not as energetic as usual. I can't even do my lunchtime walk because the weather has been awful.

Taking about lunch , have any of you tried these View attachment 10823View attachment 10824

They look nice, but I won't try, they have added sugar, and for me that could be the start of addiction.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Taking about lunch , have any of you tried these View attachment 10823View attachment 10824

Hi Jamrox,

I tried a different flavour of them - I think Raspberry - and they were really delicious, but unfortunately when I started to test my BS levels, I found that I got a really high spike from them. Obviously I only ever ate the raspberry one - as that is my favorite fruit. Once I've lost a little more weight I might try them again.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Done my 30 minutes peddling early today and hoping to get out for a bit of a walk in town later if snow stays mild and Mr E doesn't linger at the memorial service he's at.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a short walk. Then did some weight lifting carrying all the potions back from pharmacy. A bit of a stagger round the supermarket, and now home wrapped up feeling sorry for myself with this rotten cough.

Real exercise is on hold until I feel better, but will make sure I do some stretches and stepping until I can be a bit more adventurous.

Reactions: 3 people