Step into Spring

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
10 minutes on the rower and 50 minutes walking today.

Reactions: 7 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stay in put your feet up and enjoy the internet.
It's freezing out anyway.
Hope you get better soon.
I actually took my youngest daughter and her two little 'uns sledging today but I only stepped into the sub zero wind for a few minutes
to take some pics'
Wish I could have had a go with the grand kids but no longer possible because of the state of my spine.
I keep having quite long periods stuck in the house because of it so I know how frustrating it can get.
Hope you feel up to more soon as.

I know, it is a bummer not being able to do activities you used to. Hope the grandchildren had fun. At leadt you didn't get frozen, through falling into the snow.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I managed 45 mins vacuuming the house. An absolute necessity as it hadn't been done properly since before Christmas. Bear in mind that the 45 mins it took me would have only taken most people 10 mins, but I feel I have achieved something. As the sun was shining, even though it was bitterly cold, I took a stroll around the garden. Spring is starting to emerge, bulbs and shoot peeping through. Better get stepping up!

Tomorrow I intend to get out no matter what the weather, as I am able to breathe deeply for the first time in weeks.

Reactions: 5 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Blimey, go for a jog in this weather and you feel as though someone has set your lungs to 'fast freeze'! I'm thankfully getting fitter again after my epic snowy 'wipe-out' and I am trotting along with less 'hopping' and more actual 'running'. Yay!:happy:
Lets hope Spring comes early so that we can all get out soon without freezing our bits off!

Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Managed a 20 minute walk then 10 peddling and 20 teeny sit ups with my abs thing.
Lol! Your 'abs thing' - you mean stomach muscle? ;)
Well done @cold ethyl , I'm assuming you have some kind of contraption that helps you to do 'crunches' safely. I really need to follow your example and do more work on my tummy.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol! Your 'abs thing' - you mean stomach muscle? ;)
Well done @cold ethyl , I'm assuming you have some kind of contraption that helps you to do 'crunches' safely. I really need to follow your example and do more work on my tummy.

Yeah I have this frame thing you use. I don't do them very long or very hard but I have noticed just doing a few mins a day helps tighten bits up more.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah I have this frame thing you use. I don't do them very long or very hard but I have noticed just doing a few mins a day helps tighten bits up more.
I need one of those.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need one of those.

I couldn't get hang of it at first and if you can do a sit up unaided they're not much benefit, but for the haven't done one since Ieft school brigade , they do take done of the strain off your back and neck.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunshine tempted me out of the house. Not able to enjoy a walk in the park, legs won't let me. Stumbled around supermarket holding trolley for 32 mins. Then had a slow, very slow, swim 12 mins and treading water fast for 4 mins.

Will take some time to build up fitness again.

To those of you who are able to, do not stop exercising, as the fitness you have achieved vanishes in weeks.

Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Cold ethyl I am going to buy one of those , I can't do sit ups .
I had to go 150 mile drive to a funeral today .

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold ethyl I am going to buy one of those , I can't do sit ups .
I had to go 150 mile drive to a funeral today .

I did a fair few tonight that were proper ones where I actually got the frame onto my knees . It does get easier. And my wobbly bits will thank me even if my aching bits aren't at the moment x

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Another 10 minutes on the rower today, I've wound the resistance up to the top setting; and about 15 minutes walking.

Reactions: 6 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I did a fair few tonight that were proper ones where I actually got the frame onto my knees . It does get easier. And my wobbly bits will thank me even if my aching bits aren't at the moment x

Man you're on fire! I think like @Jamrox I might have to get one of those too. I can do crunches just about (it counts if you lift your head off the floor right?) As for a full sit up, I can do two or three where I generally see-saw with my legs in the air trying to gain momentum before I begin to laugh so much for being so totally useless I have to cave in to the giggles! :joyful: