Success in reducing HBa1C

Gillianc23

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi, I’d just like to thank everyone on here who has responded to my posts over the last couple of months, for your help and support. On 18/4 I had a HBa1C of 46, and since trying hard to avoid carbs, and exercise a bit (hard because I have Ménière’s disease), I have lost about 12lbs and my HBa1C is now down to 39.8 . It’s been a hard struggle, and a worrying time, so I’m very pleased and relieved. I know though that I will have to keep the focus up on both diet and exercise to avoid it going back up again. Anyway, thank you folks.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On 18/4 I had a HBa1C of 46, and since trying hard to avoid carbs, and exercise a bit (hard because I have Ménière’s disease),
Well-done exercising with Ménière’s disease. Some time ago I suffered from attacks of vertigo and found it extremely difficult to exercise. I don't think anyone who has not experienced this can understand how frightening and disabling it can be.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a great result, and all your own efforts - just shows what can be done. I agree with the above post about exercising with Meniere's - that underlines your determination to do what's best for YOU. Your results will inspire others with similar issues.

Reactions: Gillianc23