Sudden decrease on insulin needs (not honeymoon) any guess why?

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Hi everyone

I've been type 1 for nearly 40 years and over the last 3 days my insulin needs seem to have gone down majorly. I'm on a pump and am going low the whole time and managing to eat high carb without bolusing (it's really not as fun as it sounds). I've adjusted my basal down a lot and am now playing around with carb ratios although I'm not sure what that will do as I was eating largely low carb when I first noticed this.

I've just started libre 2 with juggluco on a watch so am more aware of this but have been trying not to correct when I see it slightly high or overeat when it reaches the 4s to see whether it stabilises.

I'm sure I'll sort out my rates soon although any tips gratefully received. What I'm more interested in is why this is happening? Has anyone else had anything like this? I'm female but have no menopause symptoms.

Thanks for your help!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure I'll sort out my rates soon although any tips gratefully received. What I'm more interested in is why this is happening? Has anyone else had anything like this?
Long shot, but I had to significantly reduce my insulin when I had a mild case of covid, and I've heard the same from some others.

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Long shot, but I had to significantly reduce my insulin when I had a mild case of covid, and I've heard the same from some others.
Interesting. I've had it twice and long covid after both but last bout was July 2022. Definitely worth considering. Thanks for the idea

Reactions: Antje77