Sudden Rise In Mmol At 30 Weeks

Gemnuts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with my second child and have been recently switched over to a LADA diagnosis from a Type 2.

I’ve had fairly steady readings throughout this pregnancy and had the same all the way through with my first child. I have had no issues with either pregnancy so far and sailed through my first, with no sickness, major fatigue etc. I totally get every pregnancy is different, but so far this time around has been very much the same as last time.

Over the last couple of days I have felt totally whacked and lethargic and today my sugars have been running high, or at least higher than usual, all day. I’m usually able to stick pretty much to target but I’m baffle today!

Last nights bedtime readin with 6.9mmol and I had nothing to eat after dinner, which I only managed half a jacket potato and a bit of salad as my appetite had been a bit off as had been feeling a bit sicky during the day.

This morning’s pre-breakfast reading was 9.8mmol which totally threw me and has been above my normal levels at every ready so far today. I had lunch well over an hour later than I usually would and is was 6.9mmol, where as I’m usually close to, if not having a hypo by then if I haven’t eaten. And now dinner tonight is 10.1mmol, although I did have a banana without insulin a couple of hours ago which ch could account for that.

I’ve not had chance to speak with my diabetic nurse but in all fairness, only seems to have suddenly spiked today, so just monitoring for the mo

Anyone else experienced this or have any advice to offer?

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I posted this exact thing a few weeks ago when I was about 29 weeks!

It’s completely normal at around that time for your insulin needs to increase but I to wanted the reassurance as couldn’t remember from my first pregnancy.

I’m now almost 32 weeks and saw the consultants again today who didn’t make any changes to my dose just the times I am to take them so hopefully it stabilises my readings out again :) I think from now until she’s born in 6 weeks it’s going to be changing every week so I’m just preparing myself for a further increase x

Gemnuts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah good to know! I am feeling a little bit more normal tonight and away on a minibob from tomorrow so was just a bit wary!

I have read this afternoon that the 3rd trimester often kicks in for ratio adjustments, just didn’t experience it in my first so threw me a bit!

It’s strange as only yesterday I emailed my last fortnights readings over and was suggesting I take my long acting down a unit as had some overnight and morning hypos creeping in but will hold fire for now!!

Thanks Ellie