Sure-T infusion sets - ouch!

asortafairytale

DWED Support
Staff Member
All I can say is never again! Found these so very painful, like it was tearing up my skin every time I moved. Had them suggested to me as I am quite lean and have not much tissue to use for cannula insertion, but these felt far worse than anything else I've tried so I am going back to the silhouette cannulas for sure. I don't know if the issue comes from the fact I can only use my stomach due to lack of fat, maybe they wouldn't be so bad in other areas. Anyone else had such a bad time with these?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @asortafairytale Sorry to hear about your experience, out of interest why were you put on these ? I am using sure-t's and very few issues with these, I was on the mio's previously and was having an allergic reaction so the area around the cannula was red and I was getting lumps, although they were very easy to insert I couldn't cope with the plastic. I have to admit I cannot use the sure-t on anywhere other than my tum as other areas can get sore but have enough fat on my tum to support them, I have tried on my lower chest but this was painful so I can understand your issues, have you tried any other sets and have you spoken to your DSN about these problems ?

asortafairytale

DWED Support
Staff Member
Hey thanks @Juicyj, they were basically recommended to me as although I've had more success using the silhouette and most recently mio30 cannula sets so far, I'm still getting quite bruised and sore & stomach is the only area I've been told I can use. I had a lot of bent cannula issues with the quick sets first of all.

Last edited:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Why only stomach, whats wrong with using all the rest of the sites?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Why only stomach, whats wrong with using all the rest of the sites?

I can only use tummy as there's enough fat there, as they are steel I've found it difficult placing in other areas due to movement and the fact I keep the pump in a belt around my tum, I tried love handles but was uncomfortable - which sites would you recommend ?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The bum (top) is good for steel sets. I use them there and haven't had any problems :)

Reactions: Juicyj

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Agree for bum... my tummy and I was tooooooo thin was horrible... my bum for 30 years was my most comfy are for cannulas and injections.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Frustrating... I know when I was at my thinnest (lean size 8) I kept getting told that children can wear them, and you should too... children did seem to have more fat than me.... I just had skin!! However my bum still had some fat on...

In the end my body was rejecting cannulas so had to give up pump..

Feel for you, because I lnow how you feel...