Test in 2 weeks again!

Bhargavi

Hello .

I have been told my blood sugars are the upper cut off for pre diabetes or border line diabetes .i think its 48 .

My doctor said the test needs to be repeated in 2 weeks time to ensure i'm not in diabetic range .

I had flu and was down for almost 14 days and then i went for this test.not sure how much the results would have been affected due to that .

What can I do within these 2 weeks to ensure my normal results .please can any of you help me?

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't see the point in them re-doing the Hba1C after two weeks as it is a measure of how your bg has been over the last 3 months. For most people, two weeks is not enough time to process the situation and make changes. If you are able to figure it all out quite quickly, then you can bring down your bg by cutting right down on carbs and watching portion size, and I guess this could bring the Hba1c down slightly before the next test.
My doctors did the same thing - maybe they are just confirming their original diagnosis with this second test, rather than expecting any improvement.

Reactions: Bhargavi

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Bhargavi ..
Even though your two tests are close together, it's just that two results are sometimes considered necessary to confirm a diagnosis
In the meantime, a key point to take on board while awaiting your test is that managing and controlling your diabetes (or pre-diabetes) through exercise, diet and testing your blood sugar seems to be the best way forward for many people. For me, committing to an LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) lifestyle and testing 3-5 times a day seems to be working and you'll find that there is a wealth of info, relevant advice and positive support about LCHF on the forum.

I'm not sure if @daisy1 has been in touch with but I have tagged her for you and I suggest that you focus on the valuable information that she will soon be sending you. You might also find the discussion on the Low Carb Diet forum helpful .. together with the following Diet Doctor websites, which will give you all the info that you need about carbs and about what and what not to eat .. Low Carb Intro and Information and Low Carbs in 60 Seconds

It's good that you are testing and I'm sure you'll find that adopting an LCHF lifestyle will soon bring your levels down. I recommend that you test before meals and then again two hours after you started to eat. Some folk also take a fasting blood sugar reading immediately on waking. You will soon develop your own testing pattern which will enable you to monitor trends over time and to spot any foods that cause your blood sugar to "spike" or fall ouside the normal ranges.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Bhargavi