The SCREAM thread

C

chris lowe

This is an important message from the District of Columbia AlertDC system.

NWS reports a Scattered Thunderstorm Warning for the Washington DC area until 8:45 pm. The storm has the possibility of creating strong winds up to 60 mph. Power outages and tree damage may occur, please secure loose objects and seek shelter.

Just received this in time for the alert to be lifted.

Wether the weather be fine, or wether the weather be not, you'll weather the weather whatever the weather, wether you like it or not

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Bloody fibromyalgia !! Couldn't even wring the mop this morning without my hand and upper arm screaming at me.
Back from Nina's walk and lower back (below waist) also screaming....will gel but likely need my scooter to walk Rocks this afternoon....

C

chris lowe

After something like 30+ texts this evening practically one after another between four of us to arrange a date for a meal out we have finally agreed on July (yes JULY) to meet up for dinner. How on earth can people be soooooo busy that they can't arrange a couple of hours to meet up for about 12 weeks? Then there's the eatery! One Slimming World MUST have vegetables, no chips or potatoes(SW is a lifetime eating choice apparently), one evangelical vegan (cakes are not worth murdering chicks for)f & a vegetarian who will eat fish if nothing else on the menu. Then another b****y text to say oooooh ladies bring your diaries so we can fix up the next date!!!! I've just replied to that to say I'm not busy enough to need a diary & will just fit in as long as it's not a Monday or Wednesday (original suggestion was 3rd July & what day is that. What is so b***y difficult ? I know you'll be saying why don't I just not go, but we've known each other for over 30 odd years but I think I'm just getting old & crotchety, plus one of them refuses to let me duck out (if she's got to go so have I ) :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

S

Sable_Jan

After something like 30+ texts this evening practically one after another between four of us to arrange a date for a meal out we have finally agreed on July (yes JULY) to meet up for dinner. How on earth can people be soooooo busy that they can't arrange a couple of hours to meet up for about 12 weeks? Then there's the eatery! One Slimming World MUST have vegetables, no chips or potatoes(SW is a lifetime eating choice apparently), one evangelical vegan (cakes are not worth murdering chicks for)f & a vegetarian who will eat fish if nothing else on the menu. Then another b****y text to say oooooh ladies bring your diaries so we can fix up the next date!!!! I've just replied to that to say I'm not busy enough to need a diary & will just fit in as long as it's not a Monday or Wednesday (original suggestion was 3rd July & what day is that. What is so b***y difficult ? I know you'll be saying why don't I just not go, but we've known each other for over 30 odd years but I think I'm just getting old & crotchety, plus one of them refuses to let me duck out (if she's got to go so have I ) :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
I wouldn't have a clue if I would be free as far ahead as July.....

Reactions: tina_marie
D

debrasue

You need a new bunch of friends, honey! xx

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hypo about an hour ago

My throats too sore to scream about it though

C

chris lowe

And to cap it all one of our group has gone ahead & booked a table at the restaurant, no discussion just booked it. :arghh::arghh:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I can see it being one of those nights. All my right side is in pain plus back. Night all .x

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And to cap it all one of our group has gone ahead & booked a table at the restaurant, no discussion just booked it. :arghh::arghh:
Normally meeings planned so in advance have the same no-show rate of the ones arranged just in time. because if one is so busy to have a diary normally has other that are showing up at the last minute, like an ill kid or some work surprise.

Sometimes I meet with my former high-school comrades, and everytime someone has a problem and can't come. Some preparation of course is useful if one of them makes maintenance in a factory that runs 27/7 so he has to ask a couple of week before if he could be not at work in a given evening.

Reactions: chris lowe