What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch: salmon, steamed cauliflower, half slice of sourdough bread, 10 walnuts and a small cup black coffee.
Dinner: Tandoori chicken, again steamed cauliflower, half slice of sourdough bread, 10 walnuts and a small cup black coffee.
Welcome to this thread @Omar51 good to see you here love your control of nuts I find it hard to limit nuts so don't buy them often!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast before busy caring day hm kefir then two boiled eggs with LC roll
Mid pm break shared my keto chocolate eggs so just one myself and now all gone thankfully they are low carb but I try to avoid snacking as a habit aiming usually for two meals a day.
Dinner had a hm chilli con carne ready in fridge to reheat as busy day. Also just had LC chocolate brownie and decaffeinated coffee.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette.

2024-04-25 19.28.59.jpeg

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Coffee with almond milk and double cream
Lunch: 2 slices Hovis50 nimble toasted, 2 slices port salute (?spelling) half a slice of ham (very larges slices from Aldi)
Dinner: Ribeye fried in butter. Slice of homemade low carb pecan pie and desert spoon of sour cream

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very long day working on a ship in freezing cold rain and hail, only getting home at 8 PM.
During the work day I had chicory with hummus and some cheese again, after work I was too tired for cooking, or for eating really.

I had two beers and then fried a turkey egg with Muenster cheese on top, and had it on a slice of this newly discovered and very nice LC bread with butter and marmite.
Not enough but it'll do, and I'll have some pork scratchings with aioli before bed.

1714078510246.png

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch: salmon, steamed cauliflower, half slice of sourdough bread, 10 walnuts and a small cup black coffee.
Dinner: Tandoori chicken, again steamed cauliflower, half slice of sourdough bread, 10 walnuts and a small cup black coffee.
Hi @Omar51 and welcome to this thread for diabetic foodies. We're pleased you could join us

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs with a knob of butter, avocado and three crevettes, all seasoned with a good grinding of] black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Mushroom and spinach frittata made with eggs, chestnut mushrooms, spinach, Cheddar cheese, onion, double cream and thyme.
Vegetable tray bake using proper calabrese broccoli, cauliflower, sweet red peppers, leeks and onions.
Skipped pudding.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, king prawns, baby plum toms, celery, Halkidiki olives and salad onions dressed with home-made mayonnaise for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch hm kefir and two fried eggs on one slice of LC toast then a couple of strawberries with hm yoghurt
Avoided snacks today
Dinner salmon in lemon butter a few green beans and pureed Swede with glass of dry white wine
IMG_20240426_161256_kindlephoto-844655105.jpg

I quite like pureed Swede and it's good price 65p for a large one but although it doesn't affect my bgs I find it a bit sweet tasting compared to cauliflower. Will eat remaining portion either tomorrow or freeze it but will probably stick to cauliflower in future as prefer taste of cauliflower even though it's more pricey!
Only one more day to my holiday planning on steak tomorrow.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Corned beef and tomato
Cheese
Calves liver, shallot and butter

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
quite like pureed Swede and it's good price 65p for a large one but although it doesn't affect my bgs I find it a bit sweet tasting compared to cauliflower.
I find it improves in ' savoriness' if I add a good sprinkle of spices, pepper, paprika or chilli (or combinations) and, of course, cheese (parmesan if affordable, or cheddar if not).
Likewise, if using it as chips, a good sprinkle of spices into the oil they re tossed through really stops it being too sweet and bland

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast
Took a trip to a hug shopping centre.
L: was a pack of cold cooked chicken and a small pot of olives and cheese from M&S.
D: chicken shwarma on lettuce with yoghurt on top. This one was from Tescos. Was thighs already slow cooked so just needed heating through. Was really impressed with the quantity and the flavour. It said for 4 portions and it was right.
A protein pot (blueberries muffin flavour). Tasted to me of too many thickeners and sweetener so added about the same amount of plain greek yoghurt and served it between 2 and called it Blueberry mousse ;)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast
Took a trip to a hug shopping centre.
L: was a pack of cold cooked chicken and a small pot of olives and cheese from M&S.
D: chicken shwarma on lettuce with yoghurt on top. This one was from Tescos. Was thighs already slow cooked so just needed heating through. Was really impressed with the quantity and the flavour. It said for 4 portions and it was right.
A protein pot (blueberries muffin flavour). Tasted to me of too many thickeners and sweetener so added about the same amount of plain greek yoghurt and served it between 2 and called it Blueberry mousse ;)
Where is the hug shopping centre we'd all like to go there !