ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
the pain in my shoulders sending me crazy it comes and goes normaly but for some reason is there irritating me constantly but at least i #got a date for a scan that is on the 31st October I am hoping they can find the problem grrrr
I saw a video on diet doctor and it says the weather interfers with neuropathy. Could the weather be keeping poor circulation, making matters worse hun? Keep warm or cool if being affected.
Let me know how you get on on halloween? Hopefully not too scary! ;)

C

chris lowe

the pain in my shoulders sending me crazy it comes and goes normaly but for some reason is there irritating me constantly but at least i #got a date for a scan that is on the 31st October I am hoping they can find the problem grrrr

Hugs for you lovely

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
I heard on the news this morning that we will soon be asked about our sexuality by the gp, hospital etc. My inclination is to refuse to give an answer.
I was asked the same question on a form asking my opinion on local libraries. My answer was unrepeatable on this genteel forum.

C

chris lowe

I heard on the news this morning that we will soon be asked about our sexuality by the gp, hospital etc. My inclination is to refuse to give an answer.
I was asked the same question on a form asking my opinion on local libraries. My answer was unrepeatable on this genteel forum.

Totally ridiculous. My GP will get short shrift if he asks me

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Well that was a complete waste of half an hour . Could really smack Ron's dn.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Not looking forward to the next few months ...bro has declined chemotherapy as not well enough to cope with invasive drug....so w eneed make sure he enjoys the days he has left but, making me so stressy grrrrr

S

Sable_Jan

Not looking forward to the next few months ...bro has declined chemotherapy as not well enough to cope with invasive drug....so w eneed make sure he enjoys the days he has left but, making me so stressy grrrrr
Hard for you when all you want for him is to get better.... I'm presuming he would rather feel well for a shorter time than sick from side effects for longer with no guarantees of a cure....
To understand and accept his choice is the best gift you could give him right now (and easier for me to say from the outside looking in)
Big hugs for you both

Reactions: Gannet

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Sorry to read this Patsy
Not going to be a good time for you, very sad
Please accept a well intentioned hug x

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Another appointment for next Tuesday, I will go with him he has made his mind up and he will have one radiation treatment to make him a little more comfortable..... he has decided and that is all that matters...thanx for the hugzzzz much appreciated xxx

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
He has declined any treatment as he does not think he is fit enough for the invasive chemo... so we take it day by day...thank you all for the hugs xxx

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are several available these days, so I have been told. Why not pick a different one for each visit, or simply make one up to suite the moment.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely furious. Talk about being controlled. I had a perfectly reasonable plan for the tricky procedure of circadian tuning but look what has happened during the night, and whilst sleeping in my own bed.

The fancy, yet inexpensive, atomic clock in the kitchen has somehow been on strike for approximately one hour. I say approximately because it is cannot be fiddled about with and is only accurate to within 5 nanoseconds every hundred years so that could be on any old time.

My Fitbit has done the same. One hour back without a by your leave. Fit bits are notoriously inaccurate if you haven’t set your actual stride length and could display any old time depending upon how fast you look at it.

Blooming Apple. Their oh so smart tablet thing has almost and generally slipped back an hour and I am so disappointed with my trusty android phone. Blooming traitor.

However, my faithful alarm clock radio has played the game so I will carry it around the house with me today and decide for myself when I want to go back an hour.

Must remember to stay out of the front room though, who knows what time zone that is in.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Difficult to accept someone else’s choices sometimes. Hope your remaining days with him are good ones.

C

chris lowe

Really sorry Patsy. Must be hard for you to accept but all you can do is support his decision & make his time as comfortable as you can. Big hugs xx

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
He has decided to have radiotherapy now so we are awaiting the cancer nurse to ring us with details

Reactions: karen8967