tired 24/7

jesse112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I resently posted about having a mucked up sleeping pattern well i have sorted that out without any medication . But im tired all the time my blood glucose levels are really good rarely go above a 10 i tend to go low most days though . I used to be very active play tennis and go to the gym daily , i also have a constent pain in my kidneys i have seen my diabetic nurse and it seems that all she can say is that it will only get worse . But no advice our support on how to deal with it

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If your going hypo everyday then this will make you feel tired @jesse112

If your on a basal/bolus insulin regime do some basal checks to see if it's your basal insulin that is causing the lows, if it isn't then look at your insulin-to-carb ratio's, if you do reduce the hypo's and feel no better then definitely see your gp.

Shame your DN isn't more supportive, maybe ask for a referral over to a hospital diabetes clinic if your not under one already.

Kazza63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When I get hypos they tend to be in the middle of the night and it is usually my basal insulin. It does make you feel tired the next day though so definitely look at that. That was very unsupportive of your DN. Have you tried the DAFNE course. It may sound over the top but that really changed my life. You can look at it online.