Trying so hard to lose weight

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Friends
Can any one help me??? I have tried various diets over the years and recently started to eat low carb but I cant seem to loose any weight... I am currently 11st 12lbs and 5ft 3ins tall. I would appreciate any help...thank you
There a loads and loads of members with positive outcomes ,low BG numbers ,reversal ,weight loss etc read these first and don't be put off

Reactions: 2 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi....I started LCHF diet 6 weeks (or so) ago combined it with 14 hrs of fasting each day. It haven't been hard time at all, with the results that my blood sugars, the primary reason for it all, have come down quite drastically! :D And with added bonus lost WHOLE 5 lbs!!! And when I say 'whole'..believe me, weight doesn't come off from me easily at all..never has done. I keep telling myself it is major achievement, but now the mind is playing tricks and wants more weight loss and quicker, knowing it is not going to happen....that's enough of me and my troubles.
Back to you....like others have already suggested...'eat to your meter'. Eat just enough to feel sated (I replaced some of the carbs with fats to combat hunger feelings), not spiking your sugar levels up (that's where carb reduction comes to play) and learn to stop yourself when you are not feeling 'body hungry' anymore...it is our brains that are the biggest tackle to combat. I stopped eating 'by the clock'...eating because it is 'dinner time'..instead I listen and wait until I feel true hunger messages...and when those come, I might have nibble of few nuts or some other low carb food that get me going for another hour or two longer until I've cooked our main meal and we eat together our main meal of the day.
Sorry, not much of a help am I...just rambling along...
In a kind of 'nut shell':rolleyes:...reduce carbs that will 'help' you put weight on and will not help keeping hunger feelings abay....and listen to you body asking yourself...do I NEED to eat 'this', can I manage without, can I replace it something else? And have a drink while you think about it and the 'need' may go away;). It comes down to 'mind over matter' issue. I can't claim loosing weight have ever been as easy as 'it dropping off just like that'. Maybe you need to collect ideas of what have worked for others and have a go and see if it works to you too..adjusting them as you go along.