Trying so hard to lose weight

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Friends
Can any one help me??? I have tried various diets over the years and recently started to eat low carb but I cant seem to loose any weight... I am currently 11st 12lbs and 5ft 3ins tall. I would appreciate any help...thank you

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe it is harder for women but I stuck with the lowcarb diet and lost loads of weight

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast,three eggs two strips of bacon fried in lard,this is carbfree, lunch sardines,tomato with Mayo,dinner ,steak fried in butter or lard with leek,broccoli ,mushrooms or sweetheart cabbage depending what's there,with a dollop of full fat yogurt ,
Basically any veg but no root veg, tonight it will be beefmince ,with spirallized courgettes,I fry,steam or roast no boiling

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast,three eggs two strips of bacon fried in lard,this is carbfree, lunch sardines,tomato with Mayo,dinner ,steak fried in butter or lard with leek,broccoli ,mushrooms or sweetheart cabbage depending what's there,with a dollop of full fat yogurt ,
Basically any veg but no root veg, tonight it will be beefmince ,with spirallized courgettes
T

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your reply .. I have been eating porridge and fruit for breakfast perhaps that's wrong

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I eat low carb and haven't lost any weight either. It's always easier if you have a lot to lose or are male. Even eating to your meter e.g whatever makes your readings high you cut it oit. Just got to slog it out. To be honest even eating to my meter makes no odds bloods are still erratic. GP won't refer me to an endo either.
Good luck, if you find out what works let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat low carb and haven't lost any weight either. It's always easier if you have a lot to lose or are male. Even eating to your meter e.g whatever makes your readings high you cut it oit. Just got to slog it out. To be honest even eating to my meter makes no odds bloods are still erratic. GP won't refer me to an endo either.
Thanks

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi I was diagnosed in Jan this year BG reading 19.3 now 6 - 7 weeks on down to 5s 6s
Lost over a stone now. Go onto the forum " What have you eaten today " we all follow the LCHF diet see what others eat and see what works for you. I have always had porridge as well for breakfast now I have poached eggs and bacon mushrooms or tomatoes. Hope this helps.:)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
your not alone .. the wife a non diabetic has always eaten LCHF and is not able to get down to the weight she wants. If she goes below 20g of carbs a day she can move some weight. Remember to eat the fat side of this way of eating .. if you eat fats (olive oil .. coconut oil) your body will not need to store fat

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Portion control...or i'll lock you under the stairs ....

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Portion control...or i'll lock you under the stairs ....
I eat like a bird, its not about portion control, I'm not vastly overweight, if you have read any of my other posts. I have exercised, weight training, gone ultra low carb, even did the Newcastle. Could only sustain that for 2 weeks and only lost 4 lbs. Had my thyroid checked. I'm a conundrum.