Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Mine latest was 5% or 31 mmol/mol

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 (44)
I'm pretty consistent around this area for last 2 years since using libre 2.
Previous to libre I used to be around the 7 mark.
To get below 6.2 for me would be possible but starts to become invasive to my flexible approach to what and when I eat.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm new in using insulin at the moment I use Toujeo 10 units in the evening only and now have to use NovoRapid no more than 3 ( I feel ill if inject more than 3)
Any advice. please.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm new in using insulin at the moment I use Toujeo 10 units in the evening only and now have to use NovoRapid no more than 3 ( I feel ill if inject more than 3)
Any advice. please.
What about starting a new thread with your questions? Or I can move this post to a new thread if you like. :)

Would you mind adjusting your profile info? It's a bit confusing and it may lead to replies that are not really fitting to your situation. Your profile says T2 on tablets, but from your older posts I take it you have MODY.

To adjust, tap your profile pic on the top right and go to 'account details'.
There you'll find drop down menus where you can adjust your type of diabetes to MODY and your treatment type to insulin.

1683375385376.png

tall one

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: What are your H test results?

Mine was recently 6.6%. Been diabetic for the last 21 years and so far never higher than 7.3%
Think we've agreed what reading we're looking at...mine is 6.5 and after 56 years of looking after myself, I'm well pleased with that

LongtermIDD

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine latest was 5% or 31 mmol/mol
Gee, and I thought my Hbaic readings were low. My latest was 38 and my 10 yr average is 35.

Such low blood sugars come with hypo complications, but I feel that the odd even serious hypo is preferable to the long term complications associated with Hbaic's regularly in excess of say 55.

I had hoped that Libre and Libre2 would have helped with hypo control, but sadly not. The device is near to useless and very inaccurate when bs levels dip below 4.0. I was told that Libre is still a work in progress. If that's the case it should still be on trial.

Reactions: Mathewted

Roppa

Gee, and I thought my Hbaic readings were low. My latest was 38 and my 10 yr average is 35.

Such low blood sugars come with hypo complications, but I feel that the odd even serious hypo is preferable to the long term complications associated with Hbaic's regularly in excess of say 55.

I had hoped that Libre and Libre2 would have helped with hypo control, but sadly not. The device is near to useless and very inaccurate when bs levels dip below 4.0. I was told that Libre is still a work in progress. If that's the case it should still be on trial.
I use the libre 2 and it's useless for detecting hypos, most of the time it's too late or the alarms never go off. I've had it saying my blood sugar was below 4 lots of times when it's actually been 5 or more. I end up using more strips to test properly because of it. It's nearly always out by 1 to 4mml.

RandomTest

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosed pre-diabetic at end of Feb, HbA1C = 6.1% (43).
Swithched to LCHF diet + exercise (mostly daily walking).
3 months later, HbA1C = 5.7% (39).
I think I've got a way to go yet as I'm aiming to get below 5.2% to make sure.
I wish I had heard about LCHF diet before.

Reactions: Prancy