Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not strictly an HbA1c comment but...
What pump did you plump for? I'm going for funding ATM and am favouring Omnipod5 + Dexcom.
On HbA1c are you looking to get to a non-diabetic 42 or less?

I'm on a T-Slim X2. I don't really have a target but I want to make 48 or less the new normal. I guess 45 would be nice. My control was basically awful until last year (although I didn't know it at the time) so it feels ambitious to aim for 42 but if the pump is all set up correctly, it might be possible.

At the moment my results are worse than when I was on pens but I am hoping that is because I'm in the early days of the pump. My basal rates are probably not all correct.

RD02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Latest Hba1c of 37, so far I’ve managed to maintain my goal of 95% in range for a consecutive 70 days out of my 90 day goal. It’s been a real challenge as worked away from home in Switzerland eating out everyday. I must be making good food choices !

dmfinch

I feel you're on the money regarding keeping HbA1c on the lower side - I've managed 35mmol/mol recently and l for 30 years - still had loads of hypos because of huge swings in the past.
Hi...I am new to this. Just wondering if most people who keep their BG low (5.5 / 37 mmol) feel tired a lot? I am quite tired. I can exercise as long as I watch for Hypos, but then I need to sleep. Anyone else have such an issue? I am 65. I am quite active.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi...I am new to this. Just wondering if most people who keep their BG low (5.5 / 37 mmol) feel tired a lot? I am quite tired. I can exercise as long as I watch for Hypos, but then I need to sleep. Anyone else have such an issue? I am 65. I am quite active.
Not something I've noticed, instead I felt much better when I got my numbers down to more normal.
But if your body is used to higher numbers it might be it takes some getting used to?

What about starting a new thread with your question? This thread is mainly for sharing our hba1c's, but I think it's an interesting question. :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Embarrassingly high :(
Feeling defeated.
Please don't feel like you should be embarrased about having trouble with your diabetes, it can be an exhausting condition.
Whether it is doing all you can and it still not working like you want it, or whether it's a touch of diabetic burn-out, those are things that many of us have to deal with at some point or another.

Would you like to start a thread on the challenges you face with your diabetes? Whatever they are, I'm sure we have members who can relate, sharing may help! ;)

Reactions: oldgreymare

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Just letting people know that further discussion about @philly1991 's situation has moved to its own thread here

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
In March at my last review my HbA1c was 43 and I was told it was too low and I ought to be aiming for a 50 , my new Libre is predicting a 6.7% or 50 mol/mol so glad with that .

Reactions: ElenaP and Antje77

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
My latest HBAc1 this August was 43 (6.1%) - my Dexcom always predicts higher, but this has been consistent with both G6 and G7. Lowest result since diagnosis 15 years ago. My endo is happy with this as I've had far fewer hypos this year which is his top priority. But time in range worse and still struggling to limit very high readings - need to get back on the low carb wagon.

x Carol x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my diabetic review this week. Latest hba1c is 36 which is 5.4%. I'm very happy with that but I know I can do even better. I eat mainly carnivore and do MDI. I don't think I could achieve a good hba1c eating a 'normal' carb diet unless I went on a pump. I'd be very interested to know if anyone has a similar hba1c to mine but is eating carbs and if so are you on a pump?

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my diabetic review this week. Latest hba1c is 36 which is 5.4%. I'm very happy with that but I know I can do even better. I eat mainly carnivore and do MDI. I don't think I could achieve a good hba1c eating a 'normal' carb diet unless I went on a pump. I'd be very interested to know if anyone has a similar hba1c to mine but is eating carbs and if so are you on a pump?

My HbA1c is just above yours in the comments and is at 38 as of recently. I am on an Insulin Pump specifically a hybrid closed loop system Medtronic 780g with G4 Sensor and I have a pretty "heavy" carb diet, We're talking maybe 150-200g of carbs daily, sometimes less sometimes more depending on the day. I only eat 2 meals a day and then random snacks between.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my diabetic review this week. Latest hba1c is 36 which is 5.4%. I'm very happy with that but I know I can do even better.
Why would you want to do 'better'?
Your hba1c is well below the prediabetic level, completely normal. Unless you got this hba1c through lots of highs and lows, I can understand wishing to improve that. But the hba1c in itself can't be much better than it is to my thinking.

Reactions: becca59