Type 1'stars R Us

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Very frustrating. I can understand it is hard to remain positive. I was told at my appointment that I had been approved for a pump. Hope you hear soon.

Reactions: Marie 2

SherwoodT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very frustrating. I can understand it is hard to remain positive. I was told at my appointment that I had been approved for a pump. Hope you hear soon.
It really is. But, if anything it's the opposite for me. After the letter I received, hope creeped in. I thought 'why invite me in person to the pump clinic, in February, if it's going to be a no'. I've desperately tried to nip that thought in the bud. It'll make hearing a no all the more gutting.

Fingers crossed the answer arrives next week!

• Optimistic

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would agree why send you an appointment if the answer is NO. I presume there will be a meeting after the appointments to discuss individuals that have been seen.

Fiingers crossed that you get an answer next week

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

SherwoodT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Marie 2, hope all's well with you and everyone else. @SherwoodT1 have you heard anything yet? Do you have a date for your next meeting at the clinic? And how was your eye test @Nicola M?
Hi @hh1, I've yet to hear anything actually concrete. I've received no call, but having contacted the hospital I've been told my notes say that they'll reassess on 27th February. They offered me Toujeo in the time being to see how that helps. It's been frustrating that I had to find out this way, and that none of this was actually mentioned in my initial meeting. But holding onto the fact it's not an outright no.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @hh1, I've yet to hear anything actually concrete. I've received no call, but having contacted the hospital I've been told my notes say that they'll reassess on 27th February. They offered me Toujeo in the time being to see how that helps. It's been frustrating that I had to find out this way, and that none of this was actually mentioned in my initial meeting. But holding onto the fact it's not an outright no.
Thanks for the update, and keep us posted. I bet 27 Feb feels like ages away though hopefully it'll be worth the wait

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Marie 2, hope all's well with you and everyone else. @SherwoodT1 have you heard anything yet? Do you have a date for your next meeting at the clinic? And how was your eye test @Nicola M?
Had to ring them for my results, they said everything is looking really good but I am going to still be under hospital care and will need to go back in 3-4 months time. Slightly disappointed and kind of wondering when they will actually discharge me from their care

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, a recent diabetes check.. No results.

But I did get a text suggesting my white blood cell count is low. & make an appointment for a second test to check the trend.
With a second blood draw…

….. a few days later.

A text message suggesting my red blood cell count is low now… (& a doctor will call at a specific time.)

So I waited for the call? It’s kinda like getting “dumped” by the NHS… :banghead::hilarious:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to ring them for my results, they said everything is looking really good but I am going to still be under hospital care and will need to go back in 3-4 months time. Slightly disappointed and kind of wondering when they will actually discharge me from their care
I can see why you'd feel a bit disappointed, though better safe and all that. Glad they say it's looking good :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Nicola M

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Nicola M Just think of it as better they are keeping track of it just to make sure you are doing great!!!!! Better that, than letting you go early and ignoring it!

@Jaylee I hate the waiting, you can't help but worry some. I'm sure you know to call if they don't contact you within a few days. Sometimes you need to be the squeaky wheel. My white count was only a little low earlier this year and by the next test it was normal. Hopefully your levels return to normal soon and everything's okay.

@SherwoodT1 At least it wasn't a no and hopefully it is leading to a yes. I love my pump .... although it does demand a different kind of attention. Especially since I wear pods and I am having site issues with them.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee I hate the waiting, you can't help but worry some. I'm sure you know to call if they don't contact you within a few days. Sometimes you need to be the squeaky wheel. My white count was only a little low earlier this year and by the next test it was normal. Hopefully your levels return to normal soon and everything's okay.
I suspect the whole blood cell count thing has something to do with a suspected spleen trauma when I busted 3 ribs a couple of months back?

My surgery has this initiative now where all stuff like enquiries are dealt with “online?” I’m pretty tech savvy. There is telephone help from reception for those who are not. But the irony is, the time taken for a receptionist to help someone file an enquiry on line could be dealt with on the phone…. :wacky:

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Actually got my letter back today, not that I can make any sense of it, I know what the right eye means but not sure what the left eye means if anyone has any insight! Was diagnosed in Jun 2022 and it still seems to want to stick around, stubborn thing, serves me right I suppose for having poor control then going to good control :hilarious:

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 83

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is on a feeling fit and well countdown to Christmas.
I myself am at last improving after 4 weeks of having everything thrown at me. Started with Norovirus which included a blue light trip to A&E and 9 hours on a stretcher on a drip. Just coming out other side when, wham! This awful flu virus (not covid) hit my husband and I. Am sure we picked that up at hospital. Then at 64 years old I got my first UTI which I am sure enjoyed feeding on the higher glucose in my system. Antibiotic No1 I had an allergic reaction to and spent 3 days in bed being sick. No2 was never going to work on the nasty little bugs present. Which brings us to No3, no sickness, hurrah! Seems to be working, hurrah! However, following a frightening 3 hour middle of the night eat your weight in sugar hypo, it turns out in the small print, it says in rare events can cause hypoglycaemia. What! Have drastically cut back all my insulins to help me manage until I finish them on Christmas Day. Do not want to abandon them as I’m nervous about trying another drug. Both antibiotics now added to a long list of drugs that I am unable to take.
Am still standing and laughing and determined to enjoy Christmas. Plus I feel better for just writing down and getting this saga off my chest so to speak, with people who understand that this diabetes lark just adds a whole extra level of complications to other illnesses.
Happy Christmas all!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Oh wow @becca59 what a lot to go through. I am so sorry to hear that. It's scary when you have to keep eating and keep dropping, and you don't know when to stop either. I sure hope you feel better soon and I'm glad the antibiotic is working at least! You too have a list of drugs you can't take. My list is pretty significant too. I give it a 50/50 chance when I try a new drug.

Merry Christmas all and I hope everyone will be ready! We added a Snoopy up by the house and a 3rd Pelican that we thought was different and smaller but seems an awful lot like the other two we had. My hubby had to do it all himself off of the pix from last year because I major hurt my back. We actually have it off tonight as we are getting so much rain. Boy were they wrong on this storm, it was supposed to be mild sprinkles off and on and we ended getting torrents that is causing flooding and mischief in areas .

1703148292054.jpeg

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is on a feeling fit and well countdown to Christmas.
I myself am at last improving after 4 weeks of having everything thrown at me. Started with Norovirus which included a blue light trip to A&E and 9 hours on a stretcher on a drip. Just coming out other side when, wham! This awful flu virus (not covid) hit my husband and I. Am sure we picked that up at hospital. Then at 64 years old I got my first UTI which I am sure enjoyed feeding on the higher glucose in my system. Antibiotic No1 I had an allergic reaction to and spent 3 days in bed being sick. No2 was never going to work on the nasty little bugs present. Which brings us to No3, no sickness, hurrah! Seems to be working, hurrah! However, following a frightening 3 hour middle of the night eat your weight in sugar hypo, it turns out in the small print, it says in rare events can cause hypoglycaemia. What! Have drastically cut back all my insulins to help me manage until I finish them on Christmas Day. Do not want to abandon them as I’m nervous about trying another drug. Both antibiotics now added to a long list of drugs that I am unable to take.
Am still standing and laughing and determined to enjoy Christmas. Plus I feel better for just writing down and getting this saga off my chest so to speak, with people who understand that this diabetes lark just adds a whole extra level of complications to other illnesses.
Happy Christmas all!
Honestly, I feel your pain, since being Ill at the beginning of October I don't think I've ever really fully recovered but I also don't think having a 2.5-year-old in the house is helping matters much. I had a bout of getting UTI's a lot although that has settled now but with being allergic to penicillins and having epilepsy there's not an awful lot they can prescribe for me antibiotic-wise either, its always fun and games when I get an infection :hilarious: I hope you have a wonderful Christmas though and everything settles enough so that you can enjoy the festivities!