Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Have a Cheerful Yule everyone, whatever you eat and drink, however you make merry, may your blood sugars stay stable.
@becca59 I sincerely hope the saga’s over tomorrow and healthy life returns free of what we call nitroglycerin (nitrofurantoin) nasties. As if it’s not tough enough having a uti in the first place! T1D, the condition that just keeps giving.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A Very Merry Christmas one and all. Not quite there health wise, but pretty determined to have a good time. Going to sons tomorrow, he has the first full Christmas off for about 10 years. His shift pattern fell right. As he has a 6 yr old and a 10 month old it should be a joyous affair.
Have a lovely time my fellow type 1s.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you've had such a horrible time @becca59 I hate UTI's because they make you feel so rotten, and take so long to recover from. Glad you're feeling better than you were, and hope you soon feel completely we'll again.
Sorry you've hurt your back @Marie 2 and hope you soon recover, and @Nicola M you do too.
Hope everyone else is well and you all have a happy and peaceful Christmas xx

SherwoodT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Merry Christmas my fellow hypo Dodgers! I hope the festive period has been kind to you all.

Thanks @Marie 2. That's what I'm clinging on to. Even if it feels like a no, it isn't. Thankfully I've got less time to wait now before my appointment, so fingers crossed!

Until then, I'm anticipating rollercoaster blood sugars!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s certainly been a roller coaster. The last month has totally and utterly screwed my levels up. But I have kept injecting, done my best and enjoyed myself. And not finished yet lol!

Reactions: ElenaP and Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I'm still trying to heal. I actually fractured my back. It's affecting my sciatic nerve when I first get up until everything settles and adjusts. Ouch! I still can't stand for very long, but at least I can sit now, the first few days sitting even hurt. From getting on my exercise bike 10 miles every day to now barely doing 2 miles before my back starts to protest. I'm having to put up with some BG numbers going higher as I used to rely getting on my exercise bike to stop and lower it. It's still not really bad. But I am hitting 10's and stay there a bit before I drop. I rarely went up to 9's very much before. And DP is driving me nuts too, on off on off. Sigh....
Basically I am okay, lol my back isn't, but the rest of me is!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
3 dogs that have gotten along really well and play, sleep, eat together constantly. Sydney our smaller black dog decided to attack the Dobie over a nylabone, the idiot. The Dobie responded and then our 3rd dog joined in. Two hands three dogs. So I had to drag the group to a gate we have up in the hallway to put the Dobie behind it so I could separate the other two. 175 pounds of pulling dogs and trying to hold the 75 pound dog up originally and nowadays my already thrashed back couldn't take it.

They are fine, a couple of bites, nothing serious. But I ended up with a fracture.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
3 dogs that have gotten along really well and play, sleep, eat together constantly. Sydney our smaller black dog decided to attack the Dobie over a nylabone, the idiot. The Dobie responded and then our 3rd dog joined in. Two hands three dogs. So I had to drag the group to a gate we have up in the hallway to put the Dobie behind it so I could separate the other two. 175 pounds of pulling dogs and trying to hold the 75 pound dog up originally and nowadays my already thrashed back couldn't take it.

They are fine, a couple of bites, nothing serious. But I ended up with a fracture.
Oh no!
That's a really stupid accident, and really stupid dogs as well.
No more treats.
I hope you'll improve soon, sounds pretty horrible.

Reactions: Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh boy, that sounds horrid; do hope they'll all settle back down together, though I'm not sure I'd be keen to risk it any time soon. In the meantime hope you get better soon xx