Type 2 and Raynauds

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi,

I have been diagnosed type 2 for 3 years now. In the beginning I was poorly controlled and my tablets kept getting increased. Almost a year ago I discovered this forum and Low carbing. I started low carbing in July and by December had lost almost 3 stone. Since then I have struggled always hovering around the 19 stone mark, I cant seem to get below it, sometimes I go up to 19.10 which I get very annoyed with. My BG is pretty good, I got a 4.8 the other day, was very pleased with that.

Sometime over our very cold winter I was diagnosed (over the phone) with Raynauds as I keep getting chilblanes and 1 finger often goes white. The doctor prescribed nifedipine 10mg once a day, later in the winter this was increased to 2 a day. Recently as the weather was nice I tried stopping this med but my finger would go white again so I started taking just 1 a day.

Last night I got to thinking could the nifedipine be a part of the reason I can't seem to lose any weight? Also I have vivd dreams EVERY night, some quite disturbing. Upon looking online today it seems these could be side effects from the nifedipine. I have called the doctors and Im now awaiting a call back (Doctors here don't want to actually be near sick people! :lol: )

I was just wondering if anyone else has any experience of anything similar?

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Well after speaking with the Doctor this afternoon, he changed me from the nifedipine to something else. Can't remember the name. After having read the possible side effects I've decided to just try without for a while and see if the weight starts shifting and if the dreams go away. I'll just have to wear gloves or sit on my hands more :D