Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

So far, my young French tarragon plants have weathered the Winter well and have put on some new growth, so used a few sprigs to stuff the bass for yesterday's lunch. Spring is just around the corner .... we hope!

Yesterday:

B: Two eggs scrambled in butter with a generous dollop of double cream, sautéed chestnut mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Baked whole sea bass, belly stuffed with sprigs of tarragon and garlic, drizzled with olive oil.
Steamed asparagus spears topped with a knob of butter.
A medley of baked cauliflower, leeks, onions, garlic and sweet red peppers.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Salad made with anchovy fillets, eggs, avocado, chicory, Padrón chillies, salad onions, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with walnut halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Yesterday:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and four tiger prawns, seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Espinacas con garbanzos using spinach, kale, chick peas, Padrón chillies, almonds, pistachios, Greek yoghurt, tomato purée, garlic, paprika, cumin seeds, olive oil and touch of red wine vinegar (omitting the traditional toasted bread cubes from mine).
Marinated carrots cut on the diagonal with garlic, ground cumin, paprika, oregano and apple cider vinegar.
Steamed French beans and mangetout smothered with butter.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, finely shredded red cabbage, apple peel, celery, baby plum tomatoes and mustard cress with a dollop of aioli for dipping, topped with toasted macadamias.

Reactions: cdpm

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Yesterday:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter and avocado seasoned with black pepper, plus a wedge of Leckford washed-rind cheese.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Salmon fillets baked with broccoli, mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed asparagus spears and French beans smothered with butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, cucumber, Halkidiki olives, salad onions and mustard cress, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.

barbra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi 2 eggs & mushrooms breakfast
Salmon & green beans dinner

Reactions: cdpm

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
Hi @cdpm.

Presumably, it contains minced beef? If you can handle beef in this form, long may that continue.
It didn't seem to bother my intolerances this time. But something in it cut the top of my mouth. Not soft enuf I guess.

Reactions: LivingLightly

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cottage cheese with sour cream stirred in.
I don't normally mix sour cream in but the Cottage cheese is drying out plus the sour cream needs used up.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi 2 eggs & mushrooms breakfast
Salmon & green beans dinner
Evening @barbra.

Sounds tasty. A couple of eggs, cooked any way you like them, plus a vegetable or two, makes a great start to the day. I often have mushrooms with my breakfast eggs on Sundays, and I never tire of eggs with avocado. Those two seem to be made for each other.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It didn't seem to bother my intolerances this time. But something in it cut the top of my mouth. Not soft enuf I guess.
Hi @cdpm.

That's welcome news. If you can handle beef in this form, long may that continue.
Bad luck that something cut the roof of your mouth though. You needed that on top of your tender gums.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and four tiger prawns seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Melanzane alla parmigiana, (aka aubergine parmigiana) using aubergine without breading or flour, passata, mozzarella, parmesan, olive oil, oregano, garlic and basil. ( I served the topping to those who can handle breadcrumbs, but omitted from my own portion and finished with extra parmesan instead.)
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Kalamata olives, mint and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with pistachios.
Water to swallow tablets.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cottage cheese with sour cream stirred in.
I don't normally mix sour cream in but the Cottage cheese is drying out plus the sour cream needs used up.
Hi @cdpm

Sounds good to me and ideal for a type 2 diabetic with no teeth and tender gums. Cottage cheese seems to be in short supply here at the mo. I've no idea why.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Yesterday:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and three crevettes seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Mushroom and spinach frittata made with eggs, Cheddar cheese, onion, double cream and thyme.
Vegetable tray bake using broccoli, cauliflower, sweet red peppers and leeks drizzled with olive oil.
Steamed French beans smothered with butter.
Skipped pudding.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with mussels and brown shrimps, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Kalamata olives, lemon verbena and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts..

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all,

Yesterday:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper and a wedge of Teifi (unpasteurised cow's milk cheese from Wales).
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover mushroom and spinach frittata.
Celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with chicory boats for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and brown shrimps.
Toasted almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios.
Water to drink.
Mid-afternoon:black filter coffee

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with lettuce, celery, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions, Halkidiki olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with pecan halves.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bananas with pb

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Yesterday:

B: Two poached eggs and scallops, asparagus spears smothered with butter, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Tuna steaks rolled in finely chopped celery and sage, baked with sweet red peppers and aubergines, moistened with double cream and topped with extra mature Cheddar cheese.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with a knob of butter and toasted pine nuts.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Seafood salad made with king prawns and brown shrimps, avocado, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions and Kalamata olives with home-made aioli for dipping and topped with roasted macadamia nuts.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
B: large mug of coffee with almond milk and double cream
L: sweet Chaffee with butter
D: 4 fried eggs with Wensleydale cheese crumbled on the top. Raspberries with yogurt and chopped nuts.

I’ve bought a waffle maker. I used to make them when I first started keto over 3 years ago but didn’t like the texture as they were floppy (only way to describe them!) But now following a new recipe which adds xanthan gum which crisps them up. I’ve been having them to make a sandwich and yesterday added erythritol to the mix and had them with butter. interested in the recipe? BTW I haven’t got lupin flour so sub’d almond or coconut flour and it works just as well.