Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. It was typically 6.2, but this week I have gone from taking 2x500 Metformin a day to one, so I was wondering if it would rise significantly, but it hasn't. I am going to do some intermittent fasting this weekend, so it will be interesting to see what my levels are tonight and tomorrow. :)

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Great Low carb diet, very impressed!!:):)

Thank you for your encouragement :) :) I'm new into it, so going for the satiety of the fat first and my focus is the blood readings above all else. Will worry about calories in a few weeks/months once my bloods are better controlled.
(And I'm doing quite physical work and living in a caravan. It's cold and I need energy :) )

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
8.5 @ 7.10am then up to 9.5 40 minutes later before breakfast

Yep, sounds familiar. Are you having milk in your tea/coffee in this time? I swapped to cream in my coffee, and sometimes even put coconut oil in it (only start with a little til you get used to it or you will be nauseous!). Much more level

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What's this liver block you all keep talking of? I have been out of the loop a few years... x
Ultramum has just made a new post about it. Please feel free to join in. If stuck please private message me and I'll help you in depth with forum navigation. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 13lizanne

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is a liver block?

(Don't mean to hijack this thread but not sure how to copy quote to new one on app)

A liver block is some protein/ fatty foods that will stop the liver in the mornings from the dawn phenomenon where the liver spits out the glucose the liver produces from proteins or has stored ready to sent out. In some People the liver just jeeps spitting out ekstra blood glucose , esecially type 2
Diabetics have High liver levels of produced glucose - and some can stop the liver by eating a little fat
Or protein

Last edited:
Reactions: gunner10

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Freema, Thursday evening I had about 10 pecan nuts about 8.30 pm but my morning BG was 5.9 I don't understand all about what to eat to stop the high morning BG,but I will try a little feta cheese and see how that goes,about how much do to think 1oz or more,or nuts and cheese. Could the problem be I only eat from 11am brunch, then evening meal at 5 pm,then nothing else until following morning at 11 am so I can do intermittent fasting to help me lose some weight ,I don't eat carbs they spike my BG .Any help would be immensely helpful. K

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi Freema, Thursday evening I had about 10 pecan nuts about 8.30 pm but my morning BG was 5.9 I don't understand all about what to eat to stop the high morning BG,but I will try a little feta cheese and see how that goes,about how much do to think 1oz or more,or nuts and cheese. Could the problem be I only eat from 11am brunch, then evening meal at 5 pm,then nothing else until following morning at 11 am so I can do intermittent fasting to help me lose some weight ,I don't eat carbs they spike my BG .Any help would be immensely helpful. K
GG Your fbg level of 5.9 is very good you sound as if you are doing very well indeed. We are all different I eat 7 almonds exactly, small cube of cheese and 1 low carb cracker at around 8pm that works for me

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
12 something, can't remember what now! No idea why? Restless night, no hot lemon and honey before bed, but dosed with the cold still. Was 7.1 at lunchtime at work (11.30am).

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

5.9 is a good number dont worry too much about that number and Yes chese and nuts ate good choises

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Your eating times are ideal it is only good with many hours not eating that is a good habit