Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

C

catherinecherub

7.6 this morning. Get in.

Breakfast coffee with cream, a tub of hummus and half a pack of pepperoni. Lunch stewed green beans, cauli, garlic and tomato with a good glug of olive oil, and a pot of fresh ginger, tumeric and lemon tea. Dinner 2 eggs poached in miso soup, with spinach and a pack of smoked mackerel (not sure if this was a winner or not, probably should have kept them separate).

Had a pretty physical day laying concrete and took the dog and goat for a walk too after my bloods rose to 9 after lunch.

Pretty pleased with progress tho. Just on the metformin now have ditched the Lyxumia. Last hba1c was 71 at the beginning of January.
There is a thread where you can post your menus. This thread is for fasting numbers @helga_t75
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Freema I did eat 10 Pecan nuts and a small amount of feta cheese but my BG at 6.55 am this morning was 6.1 so it's going up again,Has I said previously I'm so not getting this,why if I had food about 9 pm has it gone up? K

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.8 @ 5 AM 5.5 @ 7 AM.

About 11.9 an hour after my birthday lunch yesterday then 4.7 an hour after that then at around 7 PM 7.2 without having eaten since lunch and 9.8 at bed time after a teaspoon of peanut butter.

God and the chef may have known how many carbs was in that meal I don't. :).