Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning 7 today oops
Hi Jennywren1958 my BG was 6.1 this morning
But 7 is not bad, was this before or after you'd eaten! K
Type 2 between 4to 6 fasting 7/8 2 hours after food
If your reading was after food your in range and even if it was your fasting again it only just outside. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
14.6 this morning
Hi,@rayhigginson
I had high reading the other day but I knew it was the carbs on my plate that did it, have you been having too many carbs recently, Let me start over I've only just seen you are a newbie and all this will be new to you so the best thing I can do is contact @ daisy1 for you. She will send the information for all newbies to you which will explain more so you can work out what spikes our blood glucose,the kinds of foods that are good for keeping us on a more level BG plain. You will need to read what daisy1 sends you and take little steps at a time to change things in your diet and get a better understanding of your diabetes. It will take time to get things sorted but we have all been there and you will find so much help and advice on here, just don't be afraid to ask anything. One thing you will find invaluable to you is a blood glucose testing meter to test before food and 2 hours after food this give you a better understanding of what your foods do to your level of blood glucose,has your doctor or diabetic nurse given you one? Some do some don't but again you can find how to get one from on the forum others have been through this. Anyway don't worry about things yet until you have a better understanding of how all this works and I bet you you will be in control before long!. K

Reactions: Down-Jai 001

rayhigginson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,@rayhigginson
I had high reading the other day but I knew it was the carbs on my plate that did it, have you been having too many carbs recently, Let me start over I've only just seen you are a newbie and all this will be new to you so the best thing I can do is contact @ daisy1 for you. She will send the information for all newbies to you which will explain more so you can work out what spikes our blood glucose,the kinds of foods that are good for keeping us on a more level BG plain. You will need to read what daisy1 sends you and take little steps at a time to change things in your diet and get a better understanding of your diabetes. It will take time to get things sorted but we have all been there and you will find so much help and advice on here, just don't be afraid to ask anything. One thing you will find invaluable to you is a blood glucose testing meter to test before food and 2 hours after food this give you a better understanding of what your foods do to your level of blood glucose,has your doctor or diabetic nurse given you one? Some do some don't but again you can find how to get one from on the forum others have been through this. Anyway don't worry about things yet until you have a better understanding of how all this works and I bet you you will be in control before long!. K

Hi I was told back in January 2017 that I was T2D it’s in my family from my mothers side and my dad’s said has a history of pancreatic cancer as I found out this summer when he died from it(only found him again 9years ago and didn’t find out he had it until the day he died ) was put on metformin 4 a day but my sugar hasn’t really changed it’s always above 10 in the morning then I can check about 1-2pm ish and it can be 4-8 then evening back up to about ten I’m not a big eater I only drink sugar free drinks now (well 98% of the time) the meds I was put on have caused me nothing but trouble as get all the side effects and this week after going to the doctors again he has now totally changed my meds to sitagliptin but haven’t seen any change yet other then the side effects has gone!

Sorry a little in-site to me!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi I was told back in January 2017 that I was T2D it’s in my family from my mothers side and my dad’s said has a history of pancreatic cancer as I found out this summer when he died from it(only found him again 9years ago and didn’t find out he had it until the day he died ) was put on metformin 4 a day but my sugar hasn’t really changed it’s always above 10 in the morning then I can check about 1-2pm ish and it can be 4-8 then evening back up to about ten I’m not a big eater I only drink sugar free drinks now (well 98% of the time) the meds I was put on have caused me nothing but trouble as get all the side effects and this week after going to the doctors again he has now totally changed my meds to sitagliptin but haven’t seen any change yet other then the side effects has gone!

Sorry a little in-site to me!
Hi @rayhigginson
I'm type 2 17 years never had control until I found this site ask questions look at everything you can lots on here watch there carbohydrates levels by reducing them and going for more healthy options we gain better control. But that's for you to learn about don't try to run before you can walk,take it a little at a time small changes read other people's posts to gain information and what you need help on ask. There are lots of people on here who will help,we are all in the same boat. So good luck this is the start of your journey you will achieve your goals I'll guarantee it if you read listen and learn! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Q@rayhigginson Just a tip watch those auger free drinks the sugar substitute is not Has healthy has people think!K

Reactions: rayhigginson

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi granny it was before breakfast
Hi Jennywren1958 lots of us have a higher BG level just when we get out of bed it's known has the dawn phenomenon or liver dump it's our liver releasing glucose to get able to function until we eat? K

Reactions: rayhigginson